Who We Are

Thursday, July 12, 2012

"Blog on Fire" Award!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  We received a VERY cool award from our friend Savannah the other day - it's the Blog on Fire award:

thanks Savannah

Thanks, kit-cat pal; we feel very honored!

Now, Savannah named 5 things about herself, so we'll follow suit and do just that.  In fact, this is a good time for me and Dave to answer some of the cool questions you all have asked about us in your comments!  Ready?!?  Let's go!

1.  The toy in yesterday's post!  Isn't it cool?  I don't really play with many toys, but I like this one!  It's made by the Kong company and is very durable!  It's a Jump'N Jack dental toy.  Our friends Steve and Kat sent it to us 4 years ago and it's still good as new!  Sometimes Mom puts some of my doggie toothpaste in it for me - that's YUMMY... and in that case, yes, it does taste like chicken, Benny and Lily.  Ha roo roo roo!

2.  About my snowshoes.  Sigh.  Many of you - to include my friends Pip, Smidgen, Hollie and Minnie over at Fraidy Cats - are fans of my fuzzy feety-feet.  I must say, I am, too.  And unlike someone I could name around here, I am not a fan of having my feety-feet touched.  But ... the other day, Mom cut Dad's hair, then Davy wanted his snowshoes trimmed, and then ...

IMG_9692 Zim
My once-fluffy feety-feet

Sigh.  Let's just say that 2 out of 3 customers at Mom's House of Clippers were pleased.  We'll leave it right there.

Numbers 3, 4, and 5 are dedicated to our relatively new readers.

3.  Dave and I were adopted from the same shelter.  I was about a year and a half old, Dave was about four.  I was adopted 5 months before him.  Mom and Dad didn't exactly plan on either one of us joining the family, but God did.  (Apparently.)  Here is an early picture of me with my wonderful sisters:

Storms, Zim and Amber - An Army of Three_ed

That's Stormy on the left and Ammy on the right.  I'm the sort of scrawny guy who was still umbilical corded.  The girls were watching me, so I was OK.

... Well, sure, if you must know ... in the pic Mom snapped earlier when she left me in their care, the bed sheets were all neat and tidy and they aren't in this shot ... but I have NO IDEA what happened.  Really.  Let's move along ...

4.  Here is a picture of Dave, still at the shelter:

Yodel 003ed

Mom was checking him out for a rescue group, then was going to foster him until they could get him into a more permanent foster home in Oklahoma.  (Click here for the full story.)  As we all know now, that wasn't God's plan.  Ha roo roo roo!

5.  And so ... we've been asked how we got our blog name of The Army of Four Digest.  You can probably figure that one out now that you've read numbers 3 and 4!!!  When I joined the family, Mom and Dad referred to Storm, Ammy and I as "an army of three".  When Dave joined up, we became "The Army of Four" ... and then when we started blogging WAY back in September of '06, it seemed natural to name our blog "The Army of Four Digest"!

We have kept the name because it's still who we are - and to honor Stormy and Amber.  (For our newer readers, we lost Ammy in January of 2011 to Lymphoma and Stormy lost a long battle with kidney disease 2 short months later.)    Without Stormy's leadership and training and Ammy's love and kindness, Dave and I wouldn't be the guys we are today!  (For the record, Mom and Dad wouldn't be the same, either!)

Here are some favorite pix of all of us:

DSCN1740ed The Ao4 with Mike
Us in our body guard formation around Dad!
Left to right:  Amber, Storms, me and Dave

I don't need to mention that Dad is the tall one in back, do I?

Here's another one:

DSCF6303ed THE Army of 4
Ammy, Stormy and me in the front; Dave in the rear

And yes, our sisters were every bit as beautiful on the inside as they were on the outside.  Even more so.

OK!!!  Now ... we're supposed to pass this award along!  We're going to tag:

1.  Steve and Kat!  The cool toy they sent me got this party started today, so it seems the thing to do!

2.  Benny and Lily.  You two always crack us up - and your question yesterday about the toy (did it taste like chicken) almost made mom have coffee come out of her nose.  Way to go!

3.  Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie AND Wriggley over at Fraidy Cats, since they are so sweet to compliment me on my feety-feet. 

4.  Casey, from the Legacy Chronicles.  There's a chance Casey is the one who asked about our blog name, but we aren't sure.  Regardless, we LOVE all the work his mom does with Boxer rescue, so this is a VERY small way of saying thank you!

5.  If it wasn't Casey who asked about our blog name, it was our friends at Random Felines.  And what Casey's mom does for Boxers, the Random Felines' mom does for kit-cats!  Thank you, mom-o-kit-cats!

We could go on and on, tagging ALL of you - because we just love our readers like crazy!  So really - if you'd like the award, consider yourselves awarded!

Thanks again to Savannah for the very cool award!  And we hope you enjoyed our list of stuff!

Play bows,
Zim

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pack! I'm sure you miss your sister's so much.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. It was most fun getting to know you even better. You know 2 out of 3 paws up for Mom's House of Clippers is not to bad. Of course I can say that having NEVER had one fur clipped EVER.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Your sisters were beautiful and I love your fuzzy feety feet.

    Cindy & Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award!
    How nice to see angels Amber and Stormy again. We sure do miss them! I wish Molly could have met the girlz.

    Love ya lots
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award. and it was so nice, Like Mitch and Molly said to see pictures of the angels. What a stunning thing it must have been to see all four of you walking your human.

    Love todays pictures.

    bert

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that photo of the 4 of you in a guarding formation with your dad is the BEST! Next, would have to be the one with the 4 of you looking upwards. When I first started reading your blog, I went to your archive and read pretty much everything so I knew what happened to your sisters. I have the utmost respect and admiration to the way your mum handles it.

    Always love reading your blog, as you already know.

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    PS And congratulations for the award! You deserve it after enduring all that heat, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! We haven't been tagged for an award in a while, so this will be fun. We had totally forgotten about giving you the jack when we saw it yesterday. I'm going to have to have a talk with my mom because I don't even have one!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER Post... LOVED how your FANNED your Dad. We get our paw furs clipped..with scissors... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Concats on the award. Well done and well deserved. :) And we would be avoiding mom's house of clippers too (though she did a nice job...we just like the fluff). Thanks for thinking of us. You guys rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I'm the one who asked about it, but I HAVE been curious about your blog name! I'm so glad to have learned all that about your angel sissies. You were a very handsome young pup, and your sissies trained you into a wonderful dog!

    Thank you so much for the award. Momma and I are blushing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always like learning more about you guys! Congratulations on your award!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. It brings tears to my eyes to see Ammy and Stormy. They were such sweet and gentle souls. We miss them dearly.

    Hugs and smooches to my dear friends Zimmie, the zimstigator, and my handsome pickle nose Dave! My forever love!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your award! I positively love that last photo of the four of you. You know how much mum adored Ammy.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your award. It is fun to see the pictures of you boys with your sisters. What a great pack you all made.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grrrreat blog post, guys! And that's a beautiful award, too!. we miss your sisfurs, too, mom got all squeally and teary looking at those great pictures. Especially that second one, (mom says Stormy had the most soulful face and eyes she's ever seen!)...

    We started in 2006, too, seems like woo pups have been part of our "daily read" almost since the beginning!

    loving woos,
    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Army of Four will be forever!
    Pawesome post!
    Congratulations on your Award!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your feety feet are still cute even if they aren't fluffy anymore Zim! Our sisfur Sadie didn't like her feety feets touched either. We miss your beawootiful sisters too but we know they're still watching over all of you. It was fun seeing you all as youngins!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you thank you, we love our cool award! And we love learning all about you
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just too beautiful for words!!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. :O Zim, we hardly recognized your pawsies! they are cute just the same with the clean-cut look :)

    God works in amazing ways, huh? we love the "formation" photos!

    concats on the awardie! thanks so much for sharing with us. Wriggley is really honored you thought of him :)

    Pip, SMidgen, Minnie, Hollie
    (and Wriggley!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:56 PM

    aaawwww..you guys! We did not know you lost the other "2" for the Army of 4"...so sad...leaky eyes...but your post is so warm and filled with great memories. Mom always had to 'groom' her Sibes' feetsies for shows...she is very good at doing dog and cat nails...and so familiar with Sibe furry toes...so nice...woos and play bows

    ReplyDelete