Who We Are

Friday, December 21, 2012

Photo Finish Friday

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim, here with Photo Finish Friday!  These pix are from an adventure I went on before our lovely snow arrived.  It was a pretty cool adventure, especially because I didn't know where we were at first!  Check out the pix!

Here's a shot from when we first got there:

IMG_2874e Zim
"Central Park that way?"

I thought we were in the Little Apple, not that other one!  I mean ... Central Park?!?  Did I doze off in the car or something?

We walked a little more and I saw an info board that I thought might help clear things up.

IMG_2867e Zim
"We've landed in Dobřichovice, Czech Republic?"

Mom's taken some crazy wrong turns, but this one takes the Kolache!  Oh.  Wait.  I remember now.  Dobřichovice is our "Partner City".  Let's walk a little further -- look over here:

IMG_2866e Zim
"Ah!  OK, then!"

It's a K-State plaque.  It's OK.  We weren't in the Czech Republic, we were at ...

IMG_2868e Zim
"Ta da!"

... City Park.  Right here in the Little Apple.  Whew.

We had fun walking around the park, looking for squirrels, smelling a bazillion different things, enjoying the last warm day we'd have for a while.  (I did the first two; that last one is for Mom.)

I spotted a lady walking a couple pups around the perimeter of the park and sent them a mind-meld challenge:

IMG_2876e Zim
"Ha roo!?!?  Tennis, anyone?"

They pretended not to see me.  Perhaps they've heard about how deadly my serve is!

We walked around some more, and just had a blast.  I decided to pose up on this wall:

IMG_2872e Zim

Whether we were in New York City's Central Park, somewhere in Dobřichovice, Czech Republic, or right here in Manhattan, Kansas, it was a great day!  Thanks for coming along with us!

Play bows,
Zim

18 comments:

  1. As always another great walk. I hope you are not dozing off in the car, you ARE the navigator you know. This how lost your mom would get if you did take a snooze. Who knows where you would end up. I say any day spent with a mom person is a great day.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Goose...that was a great walk!
    Merry Christmas Dave and Zim!!
    sTella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad your mom didn't take a wrong turn Zim! We enjoyed the venture to City Park and you can bet if our mommy saw you she'd come right over and never pretend not to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Kansas some sort of weird center of the universe time space travel place? The ocean, Manhatten, and now Checkoslyvakia (which I would have spelled better if my iPad had a clue what I was typing).

    Super adventure walkie.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zim, if you weren't on top of the navigation, we'd wonder if you hadn't ended up in New York ;-/ Thanks for sharing your sunny day adventure. While we aren't getting snow, it's supposed to be cold and rainy here the next few days. Your sunny pics are a welcome sight :) Have a great weekend!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a real PLEASURE. Sorry we didn't get any tennis though. Next time fur sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW! I thought you were in New York for a while. I can't believe those pups didn't want to play tennis with you!

    Ok, so you have to try this...we just took Mrs. Master on a walk and you know how some humans don't shovel their sidewalks? Well, I decided to give Mrs. Master some excitement (she is oh so boring) and pull her on the ice on the sidewalk! She was screeching for joy. I know your mom would have a really good time too.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, Your mom always takes you on the coolest walks-I just can't let Hunter see them because he'd hound me every morning(get it hound?!). Thanks for sharing. Stay warm, it is cold here next door to your state.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haroo Zim & Dave. Zim your adventure looked awesome. You made our HuMom wistful for the adventures she and Brady (before us) used to have. He love adventures no matter what the weather or where they went. As for us, we'll I like to stay inside but Hitch has been know to sneak out and end up stuck in a squirrels nest. Be careful of those squirrels,,they are tricky. Hitch the great squirrel hunter had to wait for hours and hours for the nice firefighters to rescue him with their ladder truck. The squirrel just couldn't stop laughing. Enjoy your snow and Merry Cris mouse!
    Purrs to you,
    Mistletoe & Hitch
    RWB. (Readers Without Blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to go on a walk with you Zim.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always get to go on the best adventures, we really enjoy you sharing with us.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Dexter on this. it seems that Kansas has everything. So keep walking and introducing us to all the cool places.

    bert

    ReplyDelete
  13. We thought mom took you on a very long walk when we saw the Central Park sign.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto Goose. Aren't you supposed to be navigating Zim? Keep your eyes peeled pal, as you know what happened in 'one wrong turn' or whatever the film was called with the creepy peoples. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:35 AM

    thanks for sharing your adventure with me....have you found tennis balls too ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a really nice walk. I was worried you'd ended up overseas, though, and wouldn't make it home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:54 AM

    your serve must be a killer one Zim...and I bet you don't do the return so well huh!? That would feel like 'fetch' to a Sibe I bet MOL play bows, Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous4:40 AM

    looks like so much fun! Had a i been there I would have played tennis with you!

    ReplyDelete