Who We Are

Monday, February 25, 2013

Reinforcing!

Ha roo, pups and kit-cats!  It's me, Zim.  It's been a pretty busy time around here, as you can imagine.  Part two of our snowstorm is due in later today, so we've all been busy making preparations - you know, stock the shelves of Ao4 Headquarters, do laundry and make extra Stinky Goodness Treats in case we lose power, take lots of walks ... that sort of thing!  Dave and I are especially good at helping with that last one.  So there I was ...

Mom and I were almost back at HQ, when I saw that my really cool snow fort on the northern flank needed some work.

IMG_3655z Zim
"Needs a little reinforcement!"

I knew I needed to hop right on it.  What if someone sprang a sneak-attack on me and I wasn't prepared?  I looked around, and sure enough, I spotted someone!

IMG_3648z Zim
"Mom, look!  Someone's coming!  Quick!  To the really cool snow fort!"

I dove in and got right to work!

IMG_3660z Zim
"Hey, Zimmie?"
"Gimme a minute, Mom, I'm working."

IMG_3663z Zim
"Zim?"
"Hang on,  Mom!  Someone's coming!  I've gotta get my really cool snow fort ready!"

IMG_3666z Zim
"Zimmie, it's DAVE.  It's Dave and your dad coming!"
"Huh?"

IMG_3664z Zim
"Zimmie!"
"I knew that all along.  Really."

Really.  I did.  I knew it was them.

IMG_3667z Zim
"I'm about done here, anyway."

IMG_3669zd Zim
"Hey, Zim, your really cool snow fort is standing tall, buddy!"
"Thanks, Dave!"

That ought to hold it for now.  I'll have more work to do after the Blizzard of Oz, Part Deux gets here.  For now - we're ready!

Play bows,
Zim

21 comments:

  1. Our weather guy called it Toto's Revenge!

    Sure hope we get a lot...but I don't want to lose power. Mrs. Master is a huge whiner about being cold.

    Cold. Hahahahaha.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. We now love the snow but hate when the yard gets all muddy when it melts...your fort is very nice...i hear we may get some snow also.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pawsome fort and we are sure impressed. Now stay warm and stay safe and we hope the snow storm passes quickly without incident. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a FABULOUS FLAKE FORT my furends.

    WHAT??? You are gonna get MORE Flakes??? You will have the most HUGE FLAKE FORT IN the WORLD at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one cool fort you almost built! You always need to be prepared
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Blizzard of Oz"....hahaha

    Stay safe - that fort is looking good - bet more snow makes it even better

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow fort is looking really good. I'm glad you're not getting the rain we have today, it would all wash away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's funny, we wouldn't want Dave to think your fort wasn't perfect. More snow than that? Wow stay safe

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim,
    That's kind of funny, you know. Defending against your own brother... maybe time for some corrective lenses.

    I hope you are all going to stay warm and cozy from the snow. Doing the laundry and making extra stinky goodness is a great idea. That way you can have stinkies if the power goes out, but your humans won't be stinky (if that makes sense).

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    P.S. Let us know how the weather event goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Your snow levels look about like ours-we got 8" over the weekend but the sun is shining today-yippee. I think we are supposed to have more snow sometime this week. Love how you guys love to build forts-Hunter would have a ball with you.
    Hugs, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in awe of your building skills, Zimmie. Is the snow cold? like when my mom opens the frige? Maybe it's like ice cream? Sometimes I get an itty bitty taste from mom or dad. I sure hope I get to play in snow someday. Maybe you and Dave could pack some of that up and send it to Florida!

    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are safe and sound inside for the storm. It is always good to reinforce your snow fort no matter who is coming. Dave was just testing you and you passed. Excellent job as always.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem like you're doing a grreat job of defending your home. That's such a cool snow fort!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOL! Zimmie, we knew you knew it was Davy and your dad! Hope the Blizzard of Oz brings lots of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you just never know, Zim. Good thing you were ready! Enjoy your new snow!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always be prepare Zim, always. I am sure the family will thank you later. I hope you got a double batch of that stinky goodness. Yet another preparedness. Your fort is great Zim. Reminds me I better do some fort fortifying before our storm comes tomorrow.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Zim, Nice work on your fort. I do a little work on my fort everyday too. We are supposed to get some of that snow in a couple of days so I will really be able to build up my fort.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  18. That an even better snow fort than we have! Plus, ours is slowly disappearing since it's been warmer during the day. Oh, and everyone thinks it's a snow cone buffet!

    Have fun with all your new snow!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your snow fort is looking great, Zim. Pretty soon you'll have more snow to work with! yahooooooooo

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome snow fort!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy all your snow!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete