Who We Are

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Kitchen Capers

Hello, everyone.  It's me, Cammie.  I was just relaxing the other evening, when I got that "feeling".  You know what I mean - that feeling that there's somewhere you just SHOULD be!  I felt like I should be ... in the kitchen.

IMG_0971CamKitchen
"I sense my presence is needed.  Umm... what's that on the counter?!?"

I asked Mom what she had, and oh, boy, was I glad I listened to that little voice in my head. Check it out:

IMG_0935HoneyCrispApple
YUM!!!

That's right - an apple! A beautiful Honey Crisp Apple! I called for backup!

IMG_0941CamMagsApple
"She's got an APPLE, Maggie!!!  An APPLE!"
"I'll do the Sad Eyes Look ..."

Maggie is really good at the Sad Eyes Look.  Sure enough, when Mom sliced it open, she let me give a little sniff ...

IMG_0947CamApple
"Oooh, a nice bouquet!  And I could hear the crispness as you cut into it!"

Mom gave each of us a little slice, then said the rest was going in the salad.

IMG_0974MagsCamKitchen
"Should we stay here, Cam?"
"Yes, little one.  Until dinner.  Then we'll see if we can tool Dad out of some!"

I can't help it.  Apples, especially Honey Crisp, are right up there with pears and cantaloupe!  What are your favorite fruits?

Cammie!

10 comments:

  1. there is nothing better then a nice bit of apple - but at least my Mom lets me half of one :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD Cammy.... WE love us some apples too. THAT is a Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love an apple. I have two trees of my very own. BUTT they are not Honey Crisp Apple tress. That one is me and MOM's favorite. Yummmmmm
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love apples and cantaloupe and watermelon - gosh, we love all fruits!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. My crew loves apples, bananas, strawberries and watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We better start listening to voices in our heads
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like snacks. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed Cammy. Nope not for us as we don't do fruits and veggies at all and point blank refuse. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love apples too. Our daddy always shares some of his with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have NOT had an apple before! We have bananas every day. Stanley loves them and sometimes I do and other times I spit them out. Do you get to put peanut butter on your apples?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete