Who We Are

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Household Chores

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  As you know, Cam and I are Working Breed pups.  That means that if there's a job to be done around here, you can bet one of us will be involved.  One of my tasks this weekend was to help Mom change the sheets and put a new quilt on the bed.  I decided my contribution would be ... to supervise.

A good supervisor provides the right mix of encouragement, constructive criticism, and motivation!

Encourage:

IMG_7007MaggieSupervising
"You're doing great, Mom.  I'm here for you."

Toss in a little constructive criticism to help your worker do even better than she thought she could:

IMG_7008MagsSupervising
"You call that square cornering the sheets?  You can do better than that!"

And find the right motivation!  Everyone's is different!

IMG_7009MagsGoughNut
"Yes.  Yes, you can play with my GoughNut toy when you finish!  Until then, it stays right here!"

It's tough work, supervising, but it comes naturally to me.

IMG_7010MagsSupervising
"I don't always watch Mom make the bed,
but when I do, I make sure I have my GoughNut with me."

The fourth and fifth steps of supervising are inspection ...

IMG_7013MagsBed
"Hmm...  let me test this baby out!"

And finally praise for a job well-done!

IMG_7014MagsCamBed
"This is so nice I had to share it with Cammie!  Way to go, Mom; great job!"
"Nice work, Mom!  You deserve a pear."

Mom said something about having to straighten everything back up after Cam and I jumped down. I don't quite get that. Do you?  I must have supervised her into wanting to do a really perfect job!

I hope all of you have some time to kick back this weekend!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

9 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to get to help with supervising the bed changing. We can't even go upstairs where the beds are!!! Our humans need to take some lessons from yours!

    Happy weekend.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD you did an EXCELLENT job of Snoopervision... And it all looks SUPER to US... We are big on that Work Furst and Play Later thingy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes, you are a perfect supervisor. Some supervisors only can master one or two of the things it takes but you, you have mastered them all.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised, Maggie. Don't you know about slipping beneath the fitted sheet so a lump shows? Of course it needs to be smoothed out and that's where the fun comes in......scooting around while Mom is trying to catch me. Oh. Wait a minute. That's a kittycat thing. Erase the whole conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job Maggie and Cam. I know your mom is sure to get her chores done while you are on duty. Today I took two grands to the Vet School in Fort Collins for their open house-it was so cool and we got to watch a K9 demonstration with two police dogs. Loved it, I could have spent all day there! It's clouding up right now and I hope it doesn't rain!
    Have a great weekend.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love to help make the bed too. And we inspect it right away the same way!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new quilt is gorgeous and you girls compliment it beautifully!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pawesome snooper visor you are Maggie!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete