Who We Are

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Here's What Happened

Hello, everyone, it's me, Maggie.  As I told you yesterday, we had a bit of an "adventure" of sorts on Friday.  I'm here today with the scoop.  Yes, yes, dear blog friends, we went to the Dog Wash.

We've been down this road before - and blogged about the process.  It was pretty much the same deal this time only Cam and I are in full coat-blowing mode right now so our double-coats are SUPER thick and fluff is coming out like crazy!  Mom should have taken photos of everything flying around during the dry cycle!  She didn't have pockets for the iPhone, though, so no pix from there.  Think "snow storm" only it's fur.  Think "blizzard" only fur.  Think ... fur-nado!  

Anyway, due to the extra-thick coat issue, Mom didn't get us fully dry.  She decided we should go relax out on the sunny deck when we got home to finish drying.  She had visions of toweling us off a bit, doing some brushing, more towel action ... but Cam and I had other ideas!

IMG_7554MagsCamDeck
"Hey, let's play instead!"
"OK!  Let's run down to the landing.  Race you!"

IMG_7555MagsCamDeck
"Wait!  Wait!"
"Ha!  Can't catch me, Mags!"

It was great!  And Mom figured as long as we were running around, the fur was continuing to fly off and we were getting drier.  And she was happy to sit in the sun and dry off, too.  Oh.  Did I mention she got soaking wet at the Dog Wash? And that our loose fur stuck all over her?  Isn't that a cryin' shame?  Yeah. I thought so, too.

Anyway, then we started wrestling down on the landing.  It was great fun.

IMG_7536MagsCamDeck
"Gonna getcha, Cam!"
"Gonna get YOU, Mags!"

There isn't a whole lot of room for running around on the landing, so we started to take the party up onto the main deck and ...

IMG_7538MagsCamDeck
"Gotcha, Cam!"
"Catch me, Mom!!!"

I'm not sure why, but Mom wasn't crazy about Cammie jumping into her lap.  Hey, if she didn't want to be part of the Crazed River Otter Games, she shouldn't have been sitting on the steps like that.  Am I right?  And why wouldn't she want a wet Siberian Husky on her lap?

Anyway ... we were ready for a break in action by that time, so we settled down onto the landing for a bit.  There are great views down there - plus there's Mom's Cilantro plant if you get hungry.  (... not that I've taken a nibble or two out of it.  I prefer the parsley.  Pretty sure Cam's the one who had a taste for Cilantro ...)

IMG_7566MagsCamDeckDryOff
"Hi, Mom.  Isn't this fun?"
"I know nothing about the missing Cilantro leaves.  Hey, can I sit in your lap?"

Mom did a bit more toweling and brushing on us, then we posed for a nice photo:

IMG_7558CamMagsDeckDryOff
Cam and me, all fluffy and clean!

We really don't mind getting baths at all.  We DO get a bit spun up afterwards, though!  It was nice to get some of the energy used up out on the deck!

How about you all?  Do you like baths?  Hate 'em?  Have you been to a dog wash?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

17 comments:

  1. Your Mom is so cute, thinking that you two would just sit on the deck and soak up some sun while drying off. (Has she met you two before?) Our Mom frequently suffers from the same delusions when she gives us baths. And she wonders why she has two wet dogs trying to take a nap with her. Silly humans. But they're cute (and they feed us), so we'll keep them!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACTUALLY mom had to give the three of us bathes on sunday, while it was raining and muddy outside, so the three of us, wet and soppy after several towel, sat on moms laugh so she was also wet and soppy most of the afternoon, we do like our bathes, but we like getting mom wet also.....we are also shedding all over the place!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. drying off in the open air always seems to work well too - we too are blowing our undercoats now we in the warmer weather so Mom understand the whole flurry of fur flying around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank cod we don't have to worry about baths....we will stick to spit shine

    ReplyDelete
  5. We complain a lot about getting baths, but we too are blowing our coats big time. Mom has been trying to hold off on the baths until June when we have to go back to the boarding place while she and Dad go away for another big dance competition for the girls. We may just end up lucky enough to get not ONE, but TWO groomings in the upcoming weeks. We just wish we had TD here to work his magic on all our furs and create us a new pup like he did for Lightning:) Just kidding, Mom.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. And tomorrow you'll tell us all about taking Mom inside to the people wash. Right? My Mom never learns. She always wears light clothes and here I am - resident black lab. Then there's the trip to what she calls the "laundry".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fur-Nados, HeHe, that did make me laffs. I bet Mom was really pleased you were so generous with your furs and gave her a furs coating!
    You two do look gorgeous after your BAFFs
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Furnados! MOL! You made us giggle! As for baths, we prefer the ones we give ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. where's the pictures of the fluffy Mom? i'm sure Cam could take a picture, if she wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baths give my dogs the zoomies! Love how fluffy they are afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We aren't too fond of baths but just love the after bath zoomies!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. We tolerate baths but we really aren't crazy about them. Nope, never been to a dog wash but we sure do love that last picture of you, Cammie and Maggie!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you grrls have the BEST idea for drying off after a bath! I don't MIND baths, but I don't LIKE them. I just want it to be over with so I can snuggle with Momma again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you grrls have the BEST idea for drying off after a bath! I don't MIND baths, but I don't LIKE them. I just want it to be over with so I can snuggle with Momma again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never been to a dog wash but I have had to have two baths in my life. After the second one I bit dad on the nose and he's never tried that nonsense again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so lovely and fluffy and CLEAN! Our mom keeps threatening (something about our whites no longer being white!) but so far so good, no bath for us.
    You are nice to pose so pretty for your mom after she put you through such torture.

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:59 AM

    It sure is awfully nice of woo to share your beautiful coats with your mom! Loki and Juno get Zoomies on after bath time too! I think I is because they like it!

    ReplyDelete