Who We Are

Monday, November 03, 2014

Helping

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  As members of the Working Breed Group, Cammie and I have a lot of chores we help out with around the house.  No, it's true.  This is all on top of my duties as the Prime Minister!  I don't mind one bit - everyone should pull his or her own weight!  One of my favorite things to help with is doing the vacuuming!

Mom took some pix of me as we got busy the other day, and I thought I'd share them with you. I like to walk right in front of her when she uses the Oreck upright - like this:

IMG_1636MagsVac
"That's it, Mom.  Back and forth, and back and forth!"

It's important to offer encouragement.

I like the other upright better, because it has attachments and if I've been really good, Mom vacuums my furs. It. Feels. So. GOOD!!! Anyway ... let's get back to work!

IMG_1638MagsVac
"Look over there, Mom.  You missed a spot!"

IMG_1640MagsVac
"Well, you DID!"

For some odd reason, after that, Mom asked me to switch over to Cord Management instead of being her Spotter.

IMG_1637MagsCord
"Fine.  I think my talents are being wasted, though."

I hope we use the other vacuum today. I could really get into a fur massage.

Do you all get to help with chores, too? I hope you have as much fun in the process as I do!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

11 comments:

  1. OMD how good are you? I hate the vacula and when there are chores to be done I leg it. No way am I helping out. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP.... THAT is VACULA you know.

    PeeS... we have an ORECK and also a SHARK... We HATE THEM BOTH... EVIL VACULAS... BE GONE From here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunter doesn't help with the vacuum, but watches to make sure it doesn't swallow me up. Great job being Mom's supervisor.
    Wags,
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you know I do. MOM loves LOVES when I help. Don't knock cord duty, it is very important.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pups think of the vacuum as "vacula" too! I cannot believe that you let her vacuum your fur! wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jakey is the only one that "helps" when Mama takes out that scary machine. You are very brave Maggie!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is Maggie very expressive, but she is also very brave! Toby always runs away from the scary vacuum cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momma loves it when I help. She gives me lots of encouragement, always shouting out my name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny because I do the same thing.
    Edward (& Lily)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness you are so calm with that horrible vacuum cleaning up all the hard work you put into shedding. We bark our heads off.

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete