Who We Are

Monday, September 15, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Hi everypuppy and kitty! It's me - Ammy! Tonight is a full moon, so I thought I'd do something totally different (for me) today! I know Zim has shared Mom's recipe for Empanadas with you, Dave shared the Lemon Oat Bars, and Stormy pawed out the Bananananana Cake recipe for our readers to enjoy. But I'm not really one to help much in the kitchen - unless Mom is making her famous Snickerdoodles!

Yum, Snickerdoodles!

That's right, Snickerdoodles! Mmmm! She uses an old family recipe and said I could share it with you! It's from her mom, so we'll call it ... The Z Family Snickerdoodles! Ready?

The Z Family Snickerdoodles

1 cup soft margarine (Mom swears by Parkay and
at other brands; I don't know why)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs (Mom uses extra large ones)
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (Mom only uses King Arthur)
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix the first three ingredients; beat well. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then add to the rest. CHILL DOUGH THOROUGHLY. Mom often makes the dough in the evening, then bakes the next day.
Roll dough into little balls - about the size of a quarter - or use a little cookie scoop.
Roll in a mixture - oh, wait. Roll the DOUGH BALLS (hee hee hee!) in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons of the freshest cinnamon you can get.
Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degrees F (yes, that hot!) for 8-10 minutes or until about the color of Zim. :)
Can you almost smell them?

Mmm... Snickerdoodles!

I hope you'll give them a try. They're really wonderful.

Speaking of really wonderful, a big THANK YOU to my wonderful friends Jazz and Dixie! They sent me a picture of a sign from one of the parks they go to in Japan.

That's right - no brushing your dog! I'm going to enlarge this, print it out, and hang it somewhere for my mom to see! :)

Love and full moon fun,
Ammy

24 comments:

  1. TeeHee -

    I wonder why WOO were the one she chose for SNIKHKERdoodles?

    Thanks fur sharing!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes Snickerdoodles for my Missouri grandpa. I don't know if her recipe is the same as yours, but I bet your mom makes them better!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you get to eat some of those cookies?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom has made Snickerdoodles before and they're VERY yummy! She usually gets on a cookie baking kick at Christmas time!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an appropriate recipe from my funny girl.

    Maybe I can't mind meld with the human woman and get her to try this.

    love,
    Brice

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds yummylicious!

    Mum always gets confused about all purpose flour though, here we have self raising and plain flour and she is never quite sure which to use when the recipe says all purpose.
    Yes.. reason #599 why living is in the UK (aka UtterlyKrap) sucks!

    Ben xxxx

    PeeS.. none of us have ever had a SnickerDoodle.. honestly us Brits don't know how to live!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Already copied into Word and saved on Mom's computer. She says she is going to try them this week.

    Woo look so cute sniffing the aroma - makes our tongues hang out for one right now!!!

    Cool sign.

    Woos and wags, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woof pups

    Snickerdoodles sound really delicious. Now if we can just get Mom into the kitchen to cook. Any suggestion on how to do that?

    Desert Pups

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah! I guess those Japanese people must be biased against Big Brother's breed.

    No terriers, eh? Meanies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. w00f's A04, yummmies those snickerdooodles looks good and me loves dat picksur of u ammy...hmmm iffin me wuz her me wooda played wiff u zimmy...

    b safe,
    ~rocky~

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOHH, Yum. We'd like to have a cookie too please?
    Wish our mom cooked...
    Hugs,
    Sunny&Scooter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Snickerdoodles. They sound yummy!

    Thanks, Dave. We might qualify for the shortest retirement in history. But how can a human - at least our human - resist sobbing meezers?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe! Mom has been having trouble with her snickerdoodle recipe for a long tim. It used to be fine, but then all of a sudden they didn't tasete right and they were too crunchy! Crunchy snickerdoodles aren't as yummy as soft ones!. We'll try your recipe next time!
    Kaos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh those cookies look quite heaavenly! I need to alert Mom to the fact that the official recipe has been posted. Love that dog park! The world needs more signs like that. Were there directions?
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never let mum brush me Ammy so you should come and stay with me. There's no brushing in our house, ever!

    Mum is going to make those cookies soon! We have printed out the recipe already.

    Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drool! Those sound really yummy!

    Kisses, Sky boy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Ammy!! Those khookies look sooo wonderful! I might have to get my human to buy those ingredients and make some of those!!!

    I also need a copy of that sign to hang where mom and dad will see it!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. joey said because it is MY birthday I can do the comments today!

    WHATSSSSSSSSUUUPPPPPPP!!!

    MOm tried to make these and they were HARD AS A ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the recipe. They look delicious!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh... those sure look yummy. HuMom was just in the kitchen, maybe she will make it a habit! We will just have to run her a few more miles... or she can just give them all to us! Hope she shared a few with WOO!

    WOOOO woo rar rar rar,
    Kayla and Maebe

    ReplyDelete
  21. you don't like being brushed eather? i thought xsara was the only dog hating it, as I know many dogs love being brushed. she would probably want to move to japan if she saw this sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh woh.. I think I can smell the snickerdoodles from my side

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous3:35 AM

    Thanks for the recipe...smells delicious!

    Licks n Wags,

    Oorvi

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOO WOO AMMY

    We love your sign ! And the Cookies - we could smell them! I told me to rush out and buy the ingredients and make some - Maybe tomorrow she said!

    Thor and Marco Polo

    ReplyDelete