Who We Are

Friday, October 09, 2015

TV Shows or a Movie?

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  As you know, I love watching TV.  Correction - I love watching GOOD TV!  My favorite genre is British detective shows, but I also love a good western.

Anyway, right now, we're in the midst of a Netflix spree involving a very fun British detective show - Death In Paradise!  Imagine my delight when my very dear friend Princess Leah blogged about her mum being in a detective show filmed in Guadeloupe!  I  Googled  did extensive research to see what British detective show is filmed in Guadeloupe (or should that be "on Guadeloupe?  whatever ...) and discovered she was in Death In Paradise!!!  At about the same time that I made my discovery, Leah confirmed that her mum indeed is in the show!  How awesome!

IMG_2988MagsTVDeathInParadise
"Oh!  Shh!  It's DI Poole!"

Detective Inspector Poole is one of the stars.  He was sent to Sainte Marie to solve another policeman's murder, then is asked to stay on.  (The show takes place on Martinique, even though it was filmed in Guadeloupe!)  He runs around the Caribbean in a suit and a tie, solving murders.  Except for being in a hot suit all the time, he's really smart; the locals try to get him to relax more and maybe not wear a suit all the time, though!  I can relate to that part - believe me, I know what it's like to be over-dressed!

IMG_2990MagsTVDeathInParadise
"That's Camille, she's a Detective Sargent.  I like her a lot!"

We're still in the early seasons of the show, so I'm not sure if we've seen the episode (or episodes) that Princess Leah's mum is in.  If you like light-hearted, but clever detective shows, give Death in Paradise a try.  I really like it.

IMG_2994MagsTVDeathInParadise
"Ooh!  There's a puppy in this episode!  I wonder if Leah got to meet him?"

And if westerns are more your thing ...

IMG_3053MaggieTVHighPlainsDrifter
"Clint.  Eastwood.  Awesome!"

... there's nothing like a classic.  I got to pick what we watched the other night, and keyed on the TV when High Plains Drifter came on.  It's a great movie!

Anyone want to come over for TV night?!?  Or movie night?!?  I like both!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

12 comments:

  1. That show cracks us up. A lot of deaths on a teeny island
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love movie night but we don't watch those kind of shows although our daddy would love to! Mommy prefers shows where she doesn't have to pay attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom just finished binge watching death in Paradise - she was sad when they killed off the original detective - the second one isn't quite so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GASP!!! They do WHAT?!?! (Just kidding. I saw it on IMDB, but haven't gotten that far in the series.)
      KZK

      Delete
  4. Stanley likes to watch TV but I would rather play ball if that is okay. Wait, Leah's mom is a movie star?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh. Our pugs would come watch tv with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom and Dad are the TV watchers here. We are having a lot more fun sitting on the deck in the cool temps watching for rabbits:)

    That does sound like a fun show and if Princess Leah's mum is in it, then maybe we need to tune in too.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can see that you are totally absorbed, Maggie! Where's the popcorn?

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I could figure out how to get to your pad, I would be over in a heartbeat!!!!! Mum is STILL on her Kardashian kick!!! Except for some of the PBS Brit shows (like Doc Martin and Masterpiece Theatre).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What impeccable taste your got there Maggie!!! Pawfect taste!!!!
    I is just sending you and email with the inside info on DIP
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to watch ANYTHING with my momma. But I love movies the best, nice action adventures. Captain America is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to watch ANYTHING with my momma. But I love movies the best, nice action adventures. Captain America is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete