Who We Are

Friday, August 01, 2014

Our Latest Adventure, The Last Chapter

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  Before I wrap up our wild adventure at Fort Riley, Maggie sends a big thank you to each and every one of you for the birthday wishes yesterday!  Now, back to our adventure!

I shared Part One with you on Monday ... and Part Two with you on Tuesday ... and then on Wednesday ...

IMG_8982CamMagsRAV4
"Lemme see.  Where was I?"
"Zzz... I have the enemy in my sights ... ready to fire in 3, 2, 1 -"

IMG_1594ImpactAreaSign
"BOOM!!!"

IMG_1609CamMagRAV4
"Maggie!  Maggie, what are you doing back there?!?!"
"Zzz..."

IMG_8981CamMagRAV4
"Everything OK, Mags?"
"Oh, wow.  Was that just a dream?!?"

Hmm.  Anyway, look at where we stopped!

IMG_1616CamCameronSpringsSign
" 'Cameron Springs.  Trout permit required.'  Wow!"

IMG_1589CameronSpringsSign
My very own springs!

Can you believe that?!?!  And it's not a dream!  Apparently trouts live there - if they have permits!  It's a lovely place - take a look:

IMG_1619CameronSprings
Cameron Springs, Fort Riley

Doesn't it look peaceful?

IMG_1590MikeCamRAV4
Dad and me

If I was a trout, I'd sure get a permit so I could live there!

Thanks for coming with us on our adventure!  We sure had a lovely time!  (Maggie said to say she had a "blast".  I think that might have a double-entendre.  Ha roowooroo!)

Cammie!

16 comments:

  1. bahahh blast...bahahhah...blast...I would want to live there if I was a trout also.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Your very own spring! What a lovely place...I bet you had a BLAST!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if we could get a permit to live there we could swim? Let's go!
    Dolly (the real black lab who adores water)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW. You do know I am an excellent trout fisher dog. Yes I am. I catch my very own. So Cam-a-roo can I come fish in your spring??? PLEEAAASE.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wonder how the trouts fill out the forms to get the permits?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe you need a permit to be a trout there....

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a pretty spring - we bet the trout are so happy there

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need to get some of those permits so trouts come here to live too!

    PeeS: This post made our mommy giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAMERON.... they named a SPRING after YOU?????????????? THAT is fabulous... and the Spring/Lake is just BEAUTIFUL... and full of Permitted TROUT. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Y'all!

    Belated happy birthday!

    Hmmm the trout need permits to live there. Wonder if they need permits to live in my mountain streams and creeks?

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  11. hee hee! keep dreaming, Maggie!

    Cammie, that is so cool that you have your own springs :) It's such a beautiful place. If you find any trouts without a permit, maybe you should take them home...you know...so they don't get in trouble an all...hey, it is YOUR springs, after all! ;-/

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  12. We'd like to sink our teeth into some of that trout - do we need a permit for that too?

    Happy weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow trout with swimming permits. Well I never. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom was hoping to see water lilies. What a peaceful spot!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful adventure...tanks, blasts AND permitted trout!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your very own springs! I'm not surprised that you have tanks and trouts there. It's just pawfect.

    ReplyDelete