Who We Are

Monday, February 02, 2015

Squeaky Red Football

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  I hope all of you had a good weekend.  We certainly did - our temps have dropped even more, and yesterday we had ice and a sprinkling of snow.  It's in the single digits Fahrenheit today -- how delightful!  The photos for today are from a few days ago, when it was in the 70s.  For some reason, Mom likes to spend more time outside when it's like that.  Go figure.

Anyway, Mom asked me if I'd like to go play in the yard (YES!), then let me chose what toy we'd play with.  I chose my Squeaky Red Football.  It's one of those "only under supervision" toys and I really like it.  It squishes and squeaks really LOUD when I chomp down on it! Here's an action shot of me pouncing on it when Mom threw it:

IMG_4095MagsRedFootball
Action shot!

Mom says I'm very fast!  She asked if I wanted to play Fetch for a while, and I said I was game!

IMG_4096MagsYard
"Throw it!  Throw it!  Throw it!!!"

I ran after it and brought it back:

IMG_4097MagsRedFootball
"Here I come, Mom!"

And brought it back:

IMG_4098MagsRedFootball
"Wheeeeee!"

And brought it back some more:

IMG_4109MaggieRedFootball
"Got it!"

We did that for a while ... then I decided it was time to play Siberian Rules Fetch! (You know ... Mom throws it, then I run in the general direction of the ball, then run off and do my own thing. Mom calls me for a while, then runs after me, then she throws the ball again and we start the process all over again.  It's REALLY fun!)

IMG_4099MagsSiberianFetch
"Oh, hey.  What's this over here?"

Very fun. We played that until Mom got tired. (See? Bipeds get a better workout playing Siberian Rules Fetch than regular Fetch! We are a very helpful breed!) I waited for her to catch up with me on one of our big chunks of limestone ...

IMG_4107MagsLimestone
"You seem out of breath, Mom.  Are you OK?"

... then we decided to go inside to get a drink.

IMG_4108MagsYard
"Come on, Mom!  Drinks are on me!"

I hope we can go outside and play Siberian Rules Fetch again today.  My Squeaky Red Football should show up really well in the snow!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

13 comments:

  1. OMD 70° that is So much better than OUR 17°... We would want to be outside at 70° too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, our mom thinks your Siberian Rules Fetch game is hysterical. It sounds just perfect to us! What a cool red football, Maggie!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arty must be part Siberian...cause that is the way he plays fetch too!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, we bet your mom loves playing that game with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your rules better and I am gonna work on that with my squeaky penguin ball with Mom. I will let you know how it goes.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a real funs game, maybe I'll bet Mum to play that one wiv me later!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like great fun we say. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. We loved that picture of you on the rock! Great job bringing that ball back.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie, you sure are fast, but your Mom is great with those action shots! We don't do fetch at all, but we think we might like to squeak that red ball a lot.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. you would LOVE our woofie cousin Izzo....he is a master at fetch! (and has a very great love of squeaky toys)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like fun! Can Harlow come over and play?

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Desqueaking is a lot of fun too
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete