Who We Are

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Are You Serious?

Hi everypuppy and everycat!  It's me - Ammy!  Zim will get back to you with more pictures and an explanation very soon about just where he and Mom went!  Aren't the pictures of the ocean he discovered amazing?!?!  He's still helping process a bunch of them so I said I could do today's post to give him more time!  I hope that's OK with all of you!

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, Mom and Dad took us all outside to go potty on a VERY starry night!  It was a gorgeous night - crisp and cool and oh, what a star-filled sky!  Dad was admiring this one star that looked kind of greenish.  Since I am the chief meteorologist around here and also like to keep everyone filled in on all things astronomy-related, I decided I should do some research when we got inside and figure out exactly what star it was.

I borrowed Mom's iPad and checked the GoSkyWatch app.  It was just as I thought!  It was Sirius - the Dog Star!  Check it out!

IMG_0052

It was very beautiful!

The next time Zim and I went outside, I pointed the star out and told him that it was the Dog Star!  He asked if I was sure and I said, "Yes!"  He looked up and said, "Hey!  Are you Sirius?!!?"  And I said, "Why, yes, Zimmie.  Yes, I am serious."  Hee hee hee!

Here's a totally un-related picture of me, studying the sky out on a walk:

IMG_0828 Ammy
Me.  Ammy.

...and here's a picture of Zimmie after I've told him one of my really funny jokes:

IMG_0825ZimLOMOplus
Zimmie.  Trying really hard not to laugh at my jokes.
Even though I'm sure he really likes them.
I think.

Next time you're out on a starry night, look for the Dog Star! It's Siriusly beautiful! Hee hee hee!

Love,
Ammy

11 comments:

  1. I did not know there was a dog star! And woo know it is a husky star! It has to be!!!

    MBB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ammy, you are always funny!!! Isn't that's the star that the Greater Dane came from in the movie? You know the movie....mom saw it a hundred times and can't think of the name of it!!! Great movie though!!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is siriusly funny.

    (once again, the iPad tried to change my spelling above).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat that you got to see the dog star. Seriously...heheh

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dog star huh>? How comes it looks like a labradork - whys everything dog = lab. Hmmph. Is there a Husky star, a Dane star?


    woof - Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Ammy!
    I will look for that star... siriously!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your extensive knowledge is always so refreshing Ammy! We love learning new things from you. What a really cool star!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very funny Ammny! We are glad you found the Dog Star. Do you think there is a Cat Star our there for me (Tiger Lily)?

    Have a very Happy New Year!

    {{{HUGS}}}

    prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and tail wags,
    Zeke, Sushi and Tiger Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there Army (and mom)
    I thought I must pop by before the old year is gone to see how you all are...I see you are as beautiful as ever.
    Wow..I didn't know that Sirius was the 'Dog Star'...I wonder if we are able to see it here in the Southern Hemisphere. I'll have to consult some local Starry expert.
    Anyway, I want to wish you all a really happy New Year - filled with health and happiness.
    Sending lotsaluv and lotsalicks
    MAXMOM, TOBY, TAMMY AND KING TOFFEE IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ammy who knew!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I laughed. I am sure Zim laughed too.

    Pippa

    ReplyDelete