Who We Are

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Really Cool Snow Fort Time!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim, coming back at you!  Hey, remember what I said yesterday about not letting anything stand in your way?  Well, I took a little bit of my own advice.

See... last week, I had to have some biopsies taken of some stuff on my face.  It turns out I have something called Zinc Responsive Dermatosis, or ZRD.  They took four samples and had to stitch me up, so I had to wear ... the dreaded cone.  Oh, not if I was out on a really cool adventure (which is why you haven't seen me in the cone), but around the house I did - so I wouldn't scratch and pull my stitches out.

We got about 7 inches of snow starting Sunday night and into Monday - yesterday!  It was really great - but those of you who know me know I LOVE to build really cool snow forts!  I wondered ... could I build one with a cone on my head?  Then I re-read my own post and knew I shouldn't let something like a cone stand in my way! Here's how it went:

IMG_0985
Me, checking out the scene

I knew I couldn't let that snow go to waste!  I HAD to build a really cool snow fort!

IMG_0986
"I've got to build a really cool snow fort ... but how?"

Then it hit me.  Bipeds aren't the only ones who can use tools to their advantage!

IMG_0988
"Oh, YEAH!  It's my very own snow shovel!"

I worked really hard.  And I have to say, the cone helped me make quick work of it.  Here I am, relaxing afterwards:

IMG_0990
"It's not just a really cool snow fort, it's comfy, too!"

Nothing stands in my way of building a really cool snow fort!  Ha ROO!

Play bows,
Zim

PS:  For those who might wonder, it's called the Comfy Cone.  It beats the hard plastic kind, but "comfy - cone" is an oxymoron if you ask me!

21 comments:

  1. I always knew my bestest friend was really clever! Enjoy that snow fort, Zimmie!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart Zimmie!!! Way to use your head! Hawoowoo!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zim you're such a smart fellow!
    I've never heard of ZRD before! I hope you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very clever Zimmie! We sure hope you are going to be okay and that you can take the cone off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...sorry you have to wear a cone, but I agree that looks much better than one of those hard cones.

    Nice snow fort! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I don't know if you know it or not but you have a lampshade on your head.... Snow forts sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer that you had to wear the cone during your trip outside in the snow.

    Hope the ZRD isn't anything to worry about. I'm guessing that whatever it is can be resolved by some sort of Zinc supplement? (could be way off here)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! That is hysterical! I love Holly and Khady's comment!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! That's what Storm has! Does he have the crusty stuff around his nose and mouth? I self diagnosed Storm's because my vet was uncooperative (I don't use her anymore). I'm glad that's all it is. Ever since switching Storm to a raw diet hers is completely gone! I like the look of that comfy cone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Hey Zim,
    GReat snow fort. That COS doesn't look to bad on you. We actually have 4 different types of COS around here. We have the standard giant sized heavy plastic one that your collar has to be looped through, we have the inflatable blue donut, we have the soft "comfy" cone and the we have the rigid neck brace thingy. Sophie is the usual wearer of the COS because she chews herself up when she gets an allergic reaction to things (which is pretty often). The rest of us usually only get put into one of the torture devices when we've had something done at the vet that requires stitches; just like you. We hope that your skin problem can be effectively treated and that in isn't too uncomfortable. Hopefully you'll lose the COS ASAP.
    - TBH&K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow...Cone...
    Snow-cone!
    Ooops, sorry Zim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This gives all new meaning to a Snow Cone. Or maybe its a personal snow plow? I hope you find a way to make it work for you! At least it'll help keep the wind out of your face when you're out!

    Please let us know how the Comfy Cone works out. Ava is going in to be spayed soon and I was thinking of buying one of those rather than the big nasty hard ones, but I'm curious to know how a husky reacts to one.

    Myndi, Snick, and Ava

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear about those stitches but we were wondering if you can dig holes in the snow with your cone
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are ok, Zim!
    Glad to see you put that cone in good use!
    Pretty good tool!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zim, woo are one khool kharacter! great fort!

    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  17. We never thought of using the lampshade for a snowplow! You are brilliant, Zim!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Godo job on the snow fort. I agree that comfy cone is an oxymoron. I have one on right now and it is not comfy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tee-hee... Did your cone fill with snow?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  20. w00fs, what a cool shoveling tool ya got there Zim..and a very cool fort...and tell Deeve he's very handsome, for me (the mama)...

    b safe,
    rocky

    ReplyDelete