1. Do you think you're hot? Hmm. Well, taking that literally, as Siberian Huskies we do get quite hot in the warm months - which is why we exercise early in the morning, then spend the day laying around on AC vents or chilling out downstairs. My mom's Studio is downstairs and it's a very cool place to be. Here's a look at me working in there:
|"Zzz... mix stripes with plaids... red with pink... those greens don't go... zzz...."
So I'd have to say ... I'm more cool than hot. And I think we all know Zim is about the coolest Siberian in the world!
2. Upload a picture of the wallpaper you are using at the moment. OK. This is one of Mom's quilts.
You can read more about it here.
3. The song you've listened to most recently. We have Pandora radio playing one of my favorite stations right now and a song I like a lot just happens to be on - Astrud Gilberto singing "Take Me To Aruanda". You can hear it on YouTube at this link, if you're interested. I have a thing for Samba music, old jazz classics, and the bagpipes. I find them all extremely soothing. In fact...
One of the only real "behavioral quirks" I brought with me when I was adopted that Mom and Dad haven't been able to work me through is that I can't be crated. I just freak! It's a long story. Of course, this can cause a problem when I have to go to the vet's for any kind of surgery or something where Mom can't stay with me. Fortunately, we have VERY kind, understanding vets! The past couple times I've had to go in for dental work (I ... err ... used to try to chew through steel, and that's kind of come back to haunt me ...) they've let me be first on the schedule and let Mom stay with me in the exam room until my first round of anesthesia kicks in. That way I'm NICE and relaxed come surgery time ... and ... oh. What does this have to do with music? Mom brings her iPhone with her and plays Samba music or bagpipes for me. The first time she did it, the dental student came in to check on me and thought I'd already had the first anesthesia. That's how mellow it makes me. Woo. Our vets are the BEST!!!
I had a vet appointment just yesterday, in fact - allegedly a recheck after dental surgery. Here I am with my senior student Amy:
She wants a Siberian of her own one day and gave me ALL kinds of lovin' and tummy rubs and hugs and stuff. Apparently they did a complete physical and looked in my mouth a lot, but I just remember the tummy rubs part. There was another student named Stephan who was really nice, too. And my doctor. All of them gave me tummy rubs. I'm pretty sure that's all I was there for - not the "recheck" thing. They must have forgotten about that. Mom said they didn't forget and that my incision site looks really good ... but I don't remember that part. Here's another shot of me and Amy:
Sorry the pix are a little blurry; I'm not sure what happened. Oh. I remember one other important thing - one of our very favorite vet techs Beth saw me out in the waiting room. I don't remember the context of the whole conversation, but she said Mom should give me more snacks. Music to my ears, getting back to music!
4. What were you thinking about when you were doing this? Umm... I didn't exactly know what this one meant, so Zim said I should post pix of me and him and explain what we were thinking. OK. These are from yesterday afternoon! Here's one of me:
I remember thinking that watermelon is my very favorite food in all the world and that Mom should remember what Beth said about snacks!!!
And here's Zim:
|"Is that cantaloupe?"
Zim said he was thinking he wished he was taller and that Mom would leave the room. Ha woo - not that he'd steal food - he doesn't do that. Any more.
5. Do you have and nicknames? Do Sibes like to run? Here are just a few:
Me: Davy, the Deeve, Pickle-Nose, Dave-Dave, Tex and the LabraDave.
Zim: Zimmie, Zim Zim, the Z-man, Drill SGT Zim or SGT Zim, and the Zimstigator.
There are lots of others but this post is already pretty long and I don't want to embarrass either one of us guys! I'm supposed to tag 8 other bloggers then do a bunch of other stuff. Since I'm not sure who all has played this game, I'm going to leave it up to you - if you'd like to have a turn at these fun questions, please consider yourselves tagged! Zim and I thought it was real fun, so give it a go!
One of the other things I was supposed to do was say something nice about one of the bloggers I tagged. I thought I'd turn it around and say something nice about the Random Felines who tagged us! If you've never visited their blog, please do! They are a family of really nice kitty-cats and their mom does really incredible foster and rescue work. She also helps transport pups who are on their way into rescue! They're really all pretty wonderful! (And none of the cats are bullies... like someone else I could mention) Stop by and tell them Davy and the Z-man sent you!
Oooh... "Agua de Beber" is playing... I feel a nap coming on.