Who We Are

Monday, December 31, 2018

Sock Monkey Update

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  When I last mentioned Sock Monkey, it was merely to let you know I hadn't seen him yet this year.  Now that Mom has started packing things away, however ...

IMG_6475MagsSockMonkey
"Ooooh, look who I found!"
"Uhh ..... hello."

Yep.  Sock Monkey!  And do you know ... I have decided to be friends!  I mean, come on!  I'm FIVE now.  I can be friends with Sock Monkey!

Mom asked us to pose together and I showed her I put all that "I'd love to rip Sock Monkey apart" stuff behind me!

IMG_6479MagsSockMonkey
"Seriously.  You can leave the room and everything, Mom.  We're FRIENDS!"
"Ummm ..."
IMG_6491MagsSockMonkey
"Oh, sure!  I might grab my best friend and sister Cam by the neck and throw her around a bit,
but that's just playing!!!"
"Help me ..."

I don't think I convinced Mom.  Or Sock Monkey.  I REALLY tried to look innocent and snuggly and stuff, too, but Mom wouldn't turn her back on us.  Or get much further than 6 feet away.

Next year, Sock Monkey.  NEXT YEAR, you'll be mine!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

12 comments:

  1. BOL BOL Maggie...I can see that you are focused on the treat that will surely keep you from eating sock monkey.
    Ummm mom best not leave the room that sock monkey is grinning like he is about to get into mischief say jump on your head which would me you'd have to show him you are bosslady of HIM
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Sock Monkey would taste so yummy, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOL...What a good girl you are Maggie!
    xoxo,
    Arty, Jakey & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are far more mature at 5 then either of us are now and we are older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom says even Lightning at 7 1/2 would find it hard to resist Sock Monkey:)

    Happy New Year!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sock Monkey would've been a Lexi snack in 1.2 seconds. But she's only 7 months old so since you're 5, he's safe for at least 10 seconds, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the thing about moms: they always know. Dads can be fooled. Moms, never. But we appreciate the try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You showed a lot of restraint Maggie! Who knows maybe by next year all thoughts of tearing the sock monkey up will have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are exhibiting great restraint Maggie. Walter wouldn't be able to contain himself with a Sock Monkey snuggling up to him. That toy would be fluff in no time. Happy New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! You are an amazing girl, Maggie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Pug!!! He is the cutest sock monkey ever!!!!
    hugs
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do Mommas not TRUST us?? It's so insulting!

    ReplyDelete