Who We Are

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

TV/Movie Review

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  I realized I haven't done a TV/movie review in quite a while, so I thought I'd do a quick one today.

A couple of weeks ago, we finally got caught up on the most recent season of The Last Kingdom.  (We wait for all of the season's episodes to air, then binge watch.) Anyway ... it's historical fiction based on Bernard Cornwell's The Saxon Stories series of novels. Is it as good as the books? Nothing really ever is, but this series does a great job bringing the books to life! I was riveted to the TV!

IMG_3485MaggieTV
"OOOH!  It's Uhtred!  He's awesome!"

The story starts in the 870s, and is a great Danes versus Saxons, Saxons versus Danes show.  Lots of action, lots of drama, lots of scenes with horses!, and plenty of good guys, bad guys.

IMG_4202MaggieTheLastKingdom
"I don't want to say anything, but things aren't looking so hot for you, Aelswith!"

I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I highly recommend both the series and the books!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

2 comments:

  1. We'll have to put that drama on our mom's watch list. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that sounds like a good program Maggie, but maybe too intense for us. we have been watching Lego Jurassic World. tee hee!

    minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

    ReplyDelete