Who We Are

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Photo Tag!

Woo, everypup and everycat. It's me, Dave, here with a fun game of tag from our friend Dory. Maybe from her brother Bilbo, too - I'm not sure. Anyway, we're supposed to open our first photo folder, scroll down to the 10th photo, post that photo and tell the story behind it, then tag 5 more bloggers.

We have so many photos in so many places that we didn't quite know which folder to choose! We decided to go to the first chronological folder in our FlickR stuff and look in there - and it just happened to be my Haik-woo. I'll post the 10th one, then explain:

Dave's haik-woo 10
Haik-Woo #10

I used to write poetry - Haik-woo - and the tenth one is about Stormy!

So what is Haik-woo? Here's the best explanation I've given before:
Basically, it's my own version, the Siberian version, of the Japanese form of poetry called haiku. Three lines of non-rhyming verse, 17 total syllables: 5 in the first line, 7 in the second, and 5 in the last. That's haiku. And it's intense in its brevity! (Stormy taught me that word.) In Haik-woo, it's the same thing - except the last word is always "woo". That's my favorite thing to say, so I finish every poem with it. And it makes it even more challenging to say what you need to say in a limited "space".
This was a great tag, Dory and Bilbo! Thanks for including us! Going back through my old Haik-woo was fun and hopefully will inspire me to start writing again!

I'd like to tag the following bloggers:
Sadie, Isabella and Angel over at the Beaded Tail

If any of the rest of you would like to play, please do! (And if any of the tag-ees would rather not, we totally understand!)

Luv,
Dave

23 comments:

  1. Wow you are quite the poet! Thanks for sharing.


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo & Bonnie the foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture!!!!! All these doggie poets!
    love and kisses
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, why do you woo that you "used to write poetry......" have you retired or something?

    A poet is always a poet in my view.

    Woo.

    oh sorry that was not a Haik-Woo obviously, I leave such clever stuff to the Master, which is you, woo.

    oh sorry yet again, I cannot stop now.....

    I am kinda on a roll with Woos.

    I am also hoping the roll I am on is a cheese roll as I am rather hungry.

    ;0D

    love and confused licKs as always

    your Poetical Pal, Marvin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave!

    I found your Haik-woo when I first started blogging and both me and my Mom love it. I wish you would start up again, or print a little book of it, yes! its that good.

    Woo!

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did one of those tag-games once. It was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your pic and haik-woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics & poetry :-)

    Wizz

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty cool. Sounds like maybe Mom will be writing again. Great shot..


    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for tagging us, Dave! We'd love to play!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave you have some really great pictures and poetry! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Hey Dave,
    We know some Navy poetry (dittys) that we learned from dad but mom gets very upset when we, or dad, recite it so we don't think she'd let us post any of it. We were quite impressed with your poem.
    - TBH&K

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very poetic Davy. I'll definitely play but I hope I don't have to write a haikwoo too. I don't think I'd be much good at it.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dave, we really like your Haik-woo and think you should start writing more of it! That's a great photo of Stormy too - woo! Thanks for tagging us, we'll see if we can get our Pawsistant to pawticipate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tag is fun! Beautiful poem and photo Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We think that is fun.
    Haik-woo challenge to others
    Can they do it? Woo?

    ReplyDelete
  15. We always love your poems buddy, haik-woos are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember your Haik-Woo's!
    Pawesome picture!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job with the haiku there!!
    I'm impressed!!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is very cool, Dave!

    Thank you for the tag, we don't hold many pix on here so will need to go and see what the desktop has. Or we may follow you and use our flickr folder.

    We might be a bit late in doing it though, before we post again we need to have a session catching up first with our bloggie friends. :)

    Thanks again for thinking of us, have a great Sunday!..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. BOL! I LOVE it....your Haiku or woo poems are fabulous!

    Kisses,
    Nala

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a great Haik-Woo for sure. So much with so little.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  21. Furry nice picture of woo, Dave, and that's a terrific Haik-woo poem! I think maybe moo could do something like that - she's clever too. Maybe she should call hers "Haik-Moo"

    ~Jack a-roo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woo Dave! You are talented! That was a pawesome Haik-woo! :)

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete
  23. We have trouble with these photo tag things too. You know, it's been a while since you wrote a new poem. Perhaps you should write one about...

    ice cream.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete