Who We Are

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Squirrel Check!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  Dave and I went on a great walk yesterday -- well, actually we love ALL of our walks, but we had some special fun yesterday and Mom had her iPhone with her, so we have some pix to share.  Come on along on our adventure, OK?

So... we were going on one of our normal routes that takes us past a place where I always, always have to check for squirrels.  You know, because you never know, right?

IMG_5163 Zim
Me, checking for squirrels in Squirrel Hollow

It's not really called Squirrel Hollow, but that's what Dave and I call it.

I didn't see a squirrel, but I knew there was one out there somewhere!

IMG_5162 Dave
"I sense one out there, too, Zim!"

Dave agreed.  We knew there was one around, we just hadn't spotted it yet!

IMG_5164 Zim
"Show yourself, little friend!"

I gave him a minute or two and then ...

IMG_5166 Zim
"There you are!  Hey, be careful up there, OK?"

He was WAY up high - check it out:

IMG_5167 Squirrel!

It's not the best picture, since he was up so high and Mom only had the iPhone, but you get the idea! He was doing a high-wire act! I waited until he had safely jumped into a tree, then we walked on.

It was really cool seeing him.  We don't have any of his kin-folk right by our house, so Dave and I just love it when we do see one out on our walks.  Seeing a squirrel turns a "regular" walk into a wonderful adventure!  What special things do you love to see on your walks?

Play bows,
Zim

16 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Oh ... they seem to be gone. Haven't seen one in the past 2 weeks. Even my Furry Friend is also gone. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly can be quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, that must have been exciting! We don't get many squirrels out here either!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom says that our grandma would like to borrow you for a couple of days - she has LOTS of squirrels that could use a good chasing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the chase would be on for us, to bad we don't see hardly any squirrels here. You guys have the best walk adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always have to keep and eye open for those sneaky things

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! One day I was taking Darwin out and there was a squirrel on the fence right in front of us (less than 5ft away) and Darwin didn't even see it! hahaha She's not much of a squirrel enthusiast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to NOT see Teddy. That would make it excellent.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too good Zim, we are nowhere near as nice as you to the rodents.

    Remy and Flash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zim, I'd like to go huntin', I mean, lookin' for squirrels with you! I see lots of deers on my walks!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  11. yoW! that is one daredevil squirrel! a hire wire act without a net :) Wriggley tells us he does the same thing, only he's lookin for bunnies! He and mom even call the place they walk 'bunny hollow'! Sometimes he'll see the ground type of squirrel, but mostly he says he just hears them barkin at him :) You and Dave seem to always have cool adventures!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huh! The nerve of those furry things! Wish me and Zackt were there to help you get them!! We saw lots these few days, due to the rainy season they seem to come out more!

    Wonderful walks by the way and thanks for taking us along!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So here is a little known fact. I like squirrels. I know I am not supposed to but I really think they are cutie patuties.

    I wish we had more here, but I get to see a lot of them up in the mountain sand enjoy them from your pictures on your posts.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  14. you keep an eyeon them Zim
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes! Be careful he doesn't fall on your head, Zim!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Zimmie and Dave!

    We love your blue scarf, Zimmie! You guys know how to get the furry tree rats out, huh?!

    Dory and Tank would surely get their paws on that one!

    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

    ReplyDelete