Who We Are

Friday, December 09, 2016

Decking The Halls (Actually The Living Room)

Greetings to all! It's me, Maggie!  So there I was the other day, just helping Mom decorate living room, getting it all Christmas-y looking ...

We were going through the ornaments for the more eclectic tree. We unpacked the Husky Knocking A Snowman Over ornam----- I mean the Husky Helping A Snowman Up After He Fell Over ornament:

IMG_6996MagsHuskySnowmanOrnament
"Oh, cool!  I like this one!"

And a seashell Mom's mom painted for her years and years and years and ("MAGGIE!") - just a few years ago:

IMG_6979MagsSantaSeashell
"Hi, Santa!"

And we also unpacked the special Beagle and Black Lab ornaments:

IMG_6999MagsBeagleLabOrnaments
A Beagle to remember Sam and Rookie; a Black Lab to represent our great-brother Booter

Sam and Rookie are the Beagles Mom grew up with; our great-brother Booter was a Black Lab/Australian Shepherd mix!  Mom loves hanging ornaments on the tree that remind her of them!

Then ...

THEN ...

THEN ...

Mom seemed to be trying to sneak something out of the box-o-ornaments.  I had to see what she was trying to hide!

IMG_6992MagsNothingToSeeHere
"Move that paw out of the way, Mom!"
"Nothing to see here, Mags!  Reeeeeally."

Yeah, right.  I reminded HER that Santa was watching ... and she moved her  -- did I say "paw" before?  I meant "hand".  She moved her hand out of the way ... and I SAW HIM!!!

IMG_6994MagsSockMonkey
"SOCK MONKEY!!!"
"Uh oh."

Yes, it was Sock Monkey!  The last time I saw him, I was helping Mom box him up after Christmas last year.  I wanted him, dear readers.  All Christmas season long.  But every time I tried to even get close to him, either Mom or Dad were watching me, or Cammie was watching me, or ...

IMG_7002MagsBell
"I think it's time to hang this little German bell on the tree, huh, Mags?"
"Not the triple M!"

Yep.  The ol' triple M - Maggie Motion Monitor.  Sigh.  Once known as the Zim Detection Device, it was renamed as I try to carry on Zim's legacy of Christmas fun!  Sadly, it's quite effective at letting everyone know when I'm trying to make things interesting -- or as the saying goes:  "Every time a bell rings, a Siberian is too close to the Christmas tree."  Yeah, well ...

IMG_7004SockMonkey
"Heh heh heh heh heh..."

Laugh all you want, Sock Monkey, from your perch high in the Christmas tree.  This is the year!  I can feel it!  I WILL get you!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Maggie you are truly decking the halls, the foyer and every nook and cranny
    We love the sock monkey and Shell ornament
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, next to the monkey in the box....is that a Santa with a sword riding on a cow???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa with a sword would be even better! But yes, it's Santa on a cow with sort of a fishing pole with a moon on it. That makes sense - right? https://www.flickr.com/photos/44272015@N00/31418474941/in/dateposted-public/

      Delete
  3. I believe in you, Mags! THIS year, you'll get the sock monkey! (But, uh, maybe wait until AFTER Santa comes.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since the infamous Natasha / Nikita Christmas Tree Fiasco, our humans have opted to not have a regular tree with temptations - er, ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maggie--have you visited our blog lately because it would make you want to my house! I just got my OWN sock monkey toy! But I would certainly let you play with him too---come on over!

    Your friend Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you sure have a challenge ahead of you. But we are SURE you can achieve it. We believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, it's him!! Sock Monkey is back!!!!Oh I am soooo pleased to see him and this year..... he's TOAST (insert evil witch cackle)
    All we need Mags is a cunning plan!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuties! Have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it Maggie...we just know you can!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom better stock on the Maggie Motion Monitors and surround Mr Sock Monkey! Hurry before they arrive, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the sock monkey!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our tree is up on a table too high for us to reach so we don't need a Motion Monitor. We are betting you will get at least one ornament off the tree before the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete