Who We Are

Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Hand

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  I don't know how your morning went, but there were some really strange things going on here at Ao4 Headquarters!  First, there was a really long, ginormous thunderstorm, then our walk was delayed, and then ... well, I'd best just show you!

I had just finally finished the après-walk zoomies, when ...

IMG_1333MaggieDoorToDownstairs
"What's that?!?"

That's the door to the downstairs. I heard something coming up the stairs! I just knew it!

Being the very brave girl that I am (remember, I'm from the Women Warriors litter!), I went to investigate!

IMG_1332MaggieDoorToDownstairs
"Ha-roooooo?"

I mean, given all the other strange things happening this morning, and based on a legend passed down from Davy about some scary stuff sometimes happening down there ... you just can't be too sure! But I did know I had to protect Mom! Here's a short clip:


To watch on YouTube, please click here.

It could have been something scary!  Instead of my dad.

I hope that didn't scare anyone too badly. Fear not! I've got The Hand under control now. It even spoon-fed me some yogurt at lunch!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

16 comments:

  1. Maggie, although the head tilt made us squee, stepping on the hand is way more effective in making it go away. We're glad you protected your mom anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness mom's got you!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I had just used the litter box 'cause that was purrty scary to this kitty.
    MOLMOL you peeps are having way too much fun
    hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Thank goodness it was only your dad, Maggie! Mom always says the scariest things live in the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Queen should be informed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD, what a good watchdog you were being!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We would have been really scared if you hadn't told us The Hand was really your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, you had great control with that Hand stalking you. Lightning would have barked and run away. Misty would have pawed and pawed at it. Just a thought - that hand can be a very "handy" thing to have around when it is treat time:)

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie, you are a brave girl! That Hand was scary at first, wasn't it? Mom is lucky to have you watching out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mol! we'd have totally pounced on that hand!!

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was hilarious. My husband built new front steps after shoring up our sagging porch after we found a couple of rotten support beams from 100 years of poor drainage under there. (that's been fixed). He would be wearing this hat that makes him look like "Wilson" on "Home Improvement" with his safety goggles as he was using a saw out there and Abby would get a glimpse of him on the porch and "bark bark bark", thinking he was some creepy construction dude. We love the videos. Abby Lab doesn't even look up now when she hears the arhoooos at the end. She knows that's her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD Maggie, you are SO BRAVE!!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  13. We bet that scary hand wouldn't do that again if you had taken a nip out of one of those fingers. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so brave Maggie!! MOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! That was super scary, we were scared for you Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooooo adorable, I mean, scary :)
    Love and hugs
    Addie, Lucie and Hailey

    ReplyDelete