Who We Are

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ToesDay

Ha roo, pups and cool cats.  It's me, Zim!  So there I was, just relaxing on the Sitzbank like  I'm allowed to  err... like I like to do, studying my feet, trying to come up with a post for today.

IMG_8066 Zim
"What to post... what to post..."

Then I thought ... I'm almost in the same pose as I was a few evenings ago, only using a different prop to enhance my pose.  Check it out:

IMG_9222 Zim
Siberian Husky - the missing link between dogs and cats

Cool, huh?  And is it any wonder my bestest friend Huffle Mawson made me an honorary kitty cat?

Then I thought about our friends over at Random Felines, and how I just LOVE their Toesday posts.  So, yeah!  Let's focus in on mine while I ... oh ... oh ... oh!

IMG_9235 Zim
Oops.

Sorry.  I fell.  Not to worry.  We can still do Toesday!  Check 'em out:

IMG_9231 Zim

I know.  Mighty cute feety-feet, don't you think?

Promise not to touch them? 


Promise?!?!

OK ... you can get a little closer:

IMG_9229 Zim

OK.  Good enough.  Please stop looking.  I know some of you want to tickle my snowshoes -- now stop it!!!  It's in the Siberian Husky Rule Book - "Let no biped touch your feet without putting up a struggle."  Seriously.  That's one of the reasons Stormy always suspected that Dave was really a Lab in a Sibe suit - he LOVES having his paws held and tickled and touched!  Crazy!  Oh, sure, if Mom or one of our vets insists, I'm OK with it:

IMG_9263 Zim
Mom has a hard & fast rule that we have to let her touch our feety-feet

... but I sure don't seek out paw-touching like Dave!

In case you're wondering what he's got his toes wrapped around, here's a pic of him from yesterday:

IMG_9287 Dave
"Am I back in Texas?  Woo is me.  Hold my paw, Mom!"

He doesn't look thrilled, does he?  Quarter 'til six in the evening, and our shaded thermometer read 103℉.  (39.4℃ for our international friends.)  We've been spending the heat of the day hovering over A/C vents, getting walks in EARLY or waiting until it cools off a bit.  Obviously, 1745 hours isn't quite late enough.

Anyway ... that's what I've got for you today - Toesday.  Oh, and sure, stare at Dave's if you must, dream about reaching through the computer screen to play with them, but stop looking at my feety-feet!!!  Ha roo!

Play bows,
Zim

20 comments:

  1. Aw Dave, stay cool there huskerboo, #1 says just a little while longer until snow!! Play bows,

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...those are some mighty comfortable poses you have there. I'm going to have to try a few of those.

    How many days until winter?

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zim you know how to strike a pose. I must tell you MOM did want to give those toes a little squeeze but I stopped her. 103! That is hot. I thought our week of high 90's was hot. I keep telling MOM we need AC in the house, but alas she is holding out. Holding out for what I have no idea. I am just glad Bert has AC at his place. Maybe I should move in with him for the summer.
    Stay cool my friend.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although you have big feets compared to us, they sure look furry and cute
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zim, I am really struggling with not reaching out to touch your feety feet. They are so cute and furry.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zim,

    Your feety-feet are so inviting. I am so tempted to reach into my screen to touch them! I always knew Dave is a little different. He caught my eye the first time I started reading your blog. My piggies are like that too; EInstein loves getting a belly rub like a doggie but Darwin detests it.

    It is also very hot in Malaysia and my pets always stay close to the air-conditioner. We don't make them wear clothes anymore. Were stupid and now have come to our senses. Be glad your peeps are smart and aren't making you wear clothes. Hehe.

    My bf and I really love huskies but yeah, we said we would only consider having one if we end up permanently living in a relatively cold place. You confirm that we are right.

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  7. But they are such cute feety-feet.... guess mom will have to be content with Dave's feet.

    Oh - and about that blue cushion - remember, gravity: not just a suggestion, it is the law. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I just gotta ask?
    Do they Smell like Fritos? And are your toes REALLY FREE?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some cute toosties. No wonder they want to play with them.

    I am like Dave, laying on the ac vents all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, Dave, it's sure hard being Texan when you have to suffer through high temps! Thank DOG for air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the bestest honorary kitty kat friend a girl could have!

    Huffs

    p.s. I hope you haven't melted or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zim, we might try out some of your poses since they are so cat like! Our sisfur Sadie hated having her feety feet touched. Mommy could touch them, sometimes. Our mommy would like to try to touch your feet though!

    Purrs,
    Angel & Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Toesday!
    My mom says she really want to touch yours!
    Aaaand.... hot weather, right?
    I hope you are enjoying those vents!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zim, you falling off that cushion has us cracking up, your feet are so cute. 103 wow it's like your here in the desert. Dave's got the best spot in the house.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love puppy toes

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://www.dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fluffy, Furry cute feet!!! Our Fav!!
    Stay cool guys!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. 77! I would dies in that heat ... oh wait 103, really- um yeah I would poop inside that is the best advice i can gives at this time.

    woof - Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Zim-zim, I am in need of a good laugh so came over again and saw this photo of you falling off your bed. Kekekekekeke... I think you just fixed my blues.

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zim, we are all a-squeee over your pawsies and snow shoes :) We'll be respectful and keep our, er, paws off...but we can't say the same for our mom! Stay cool!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete