Who We Are

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Serene Portraits Sunday

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  Did you notice Mom changed our header again yesterday?  First she subbed this photo in on the left ...

IMG_8412MagsCamFireplaceAff
Me and Cam by the fireplace

... then she changed the background from the greenish one to blues (it brings out my left eye, don't you think?), then she moved the birds around a bit. She didn't think you could see the Snowy Plover well enough and both Mom and Dad thought the log the Bald Eagle was perching on looked like a woodchuck or something. You can see Mom's favorite duck - the Northern Shoveler - better, too. All three birds are among Mom's faves. ANYWAY ...

Where was I? Oh, right. The photo by the fireplace.  I came into the living room the other day and saw Mom and Cam were doing something.  Naturally, I wondered what was going on!

IMG_8408MagsCamFPAff
"Hey, Cam!  Whatcha doing?"
"I'm posing.  Mom?  Can you still see me?"
"Yes, I ... Maggie!"

Oh!  Mom mentioned me by name!  I assumed, as I'm sure all of you would, that meant she wanted me in the photo!

IMG_8409MagsCamFPAff
"Wait!  Let me make sure I look OK!"
"Sigh."

Once I had checked myself in the fireplace glass, I got into position.

IMG_8410MagsCamFPAff
"How's this, Mom?"
"A portrait of both of us is even better, right, Mom?"
"Perfect, girls!"

Then Mom had to push the session even further and asked us to do a "down".  That was when I realized there was something missing from this photo shoot and ...

IMG_8411MagsCamFPAff
"What do you mean, you don't have cookies?"
"Better take that shot fast, Mom!"
"Who's a good girl!?!?"

I can't believe Cam was posing like she was without cookies!  I mean, I assumed there would be treats involved along the way -- right?  Sheesh!  But yes, in keeping with the serenity mentioned in the title, afterwards, we did get a couple of those tiny Zuke's treats, so it wasn't a total loss.

The next time I see Cammie posing for Mom without me, remind me to check for cookies first -- OK?

Have a serene day!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher 

9 comments:

  1. We love your header! It's just perfect! You girls take the most beautiful pictures - with or without treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a great header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The header is Pawtastic! Did mom get a treat for it? If so did she share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love this header too! Gorgeous photo shoot! Treats were well deserved <3

    BIG hugs with love
    Addie, Lucie and Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Stunning I think you deserve extra cookies
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two did some great posing even without any cookies on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:02 AM

    We love the pictures and the new header. Maggie you are so right though never ever pose unless there are treats in sight. ~nose nudges Bonnie Pup

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new header looks great! What a lovely portrait of you two...and sharing your header with your bird friends is very nice too!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete