Who We Are

Monday, November 12, 2018

New Friend?

Greetings to all!  It's me, Mags.  Yesterday, we were out on our morning walk, when something -- or someone! -- caught my eye!  She was up by one of the new houses, just hanging out.  I approached slowly.

IMG_5380MagsFrBulldog
"Ha roo?"

She didn't have much to say.  She didn't seem bothered by me, so I went a little closer.

IMG_5381MagsFrBulldog
"I'm Maggie.  Would you like to be friends?"

Still no answer.  I must say, it hurt my feelings a bit.  I mean - I can usually make friends with everyone.  I backed off and let Cam sort things out.

IMG_5384MagsCamFrBulldog
"She won't even answer me, Cam!"
"Sniff, sniff, sniff.  She's a real stiff alright, Mags."

Maybe she's just cold.  The windchill was in the low teens when we went by (less than 10 below, for those of you in Celsius-land), so that could be it.  I'd hate to think she didn't want to be friends!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

13 comments:

  1. That orange pug was stiff, that's for sure! Maybe he needs a coat. But is sounds like it was cold, wonderful and snowy, so that makes for some happy huskies!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  2. And our mom just realized it's a french bulldog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we think she was a French Bulldog. Perhaps I should have spoken French to her?
      Y/s,
      Mags

      Delete
  3. What's up with that? We hope that orange French pug warms up to you. Speaking of warming up, who turned down the temp? It's so cold - we love it. AND we had a surprise snowfall today. It made the roads really tricky for Mom driving to get us all home, but we told her not to worry, we would pull the SUV home if she got stuck.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL LOL LOL I bet she was Awe struck and speechless by you two ladies....
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe she was a bit overwhelmed by your size and friendliness Mags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sighs. Some people are just stuck up, real stiff types. Apparently this is one of those wooden people. No purrsonality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm...first those people that were sitting around outside not wanting to talk to you, Maggie, and now this pup! what is your neighborhood coming to?!!?!?? ;/
    that realtor should consider a new spokes-dog...

    pip, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto

    ReplyDelete
  8. The NERVES! You thinks you would have gotten at least a bark or sniff! geeze! If it were a terrier, you most definitely gotten a bark and a hop!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Burrrrrrrrr - I hope she ended up being your friend and coming home with you to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the problem is that she's a French bulldog, so she probably just didn't understand you! Next time, try "bonjour."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet she was on guard duty...you know Maggie like the palace guards, and wasn't aloud to talk to anypuppy ;-)
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete