Who We Are

Saturday, June 28, 2014

HULA

Greetings to all - it's me, Maggie!  A very proud day in Ao4 history is upon us.  Cam and I are ready to put in our application to join HULA - the Husky United Liberation Army.  It was after my post about not sitting on the ottoman that Meeshka herself suggested I apply.  We are so excited!  The original Army of Four, Stormy, Ammy, Zim, and Dave, were all members - and now we might be, too!!!  Now ... let's get to it!

IMG_7610MagSitzbank
"Ready to go?"

Oh.  Right.  Before we get started.  Yes, that's me, above, on the sitzbank.  No, I'm not allowed up there.  Thanks for asking.

The complete application process can be found at this link; let's go through that list of covert deeds!

HULA application:

1. Demonstrating Disruptive Behavior: Some may call it "disruptive". We call it "being Siberians". I'm pretty sure I had this one covered since the day I got here:

IMG_0680CamMag
"Maggie!"
"Ha rooooo!"


2. Cause Humans to freak out for no real reason: There are no pictures to go with this, but here's something I really enjoy doing! I go somewhere in the house, out of Mom's line of sight, then I cry or whine. Usually, I go lay on the bed in the bedroom. And I wait. Sometimes, I have to cry again. Once Mom hears me, she comes running in with the "Oh, Maggie! What's the matter?!?!" and she's all concerned. Then I give her my Sad Look. Sort of like this:

IMG_7231MagsOttoman

Yes, that's me on the ottoman.  I'm not allowed up there, either.  I should get bonus points for that. Anyway, once she knows I'm really OK, I get kisses. I like kisses. Then we go do something together. It's fun and is a great way to get Mom to come running to me. I mean - what if I really WAS hurt? She must come check on me.  I'm careful not to do that too often, or it will lose its effectiveness.

3. Destroy Something: Does putting the Lupine "Guaranteed Even If Chewed" promise to the test count? Twice?

IMG_3405MaggieLupine
"Nice leashes!  Tasty, too!"

4. Human behavior modification: No one can eat fruit in this house without Cam and me helping. We've even brought back the Ao4 tradition of Banana Formation!

IMG_7575MikeCamMagBananaFormation
Cam, Dad, and me
Notice I'm not sitting all the way.  Bonus points!

5. Humans dress you up: I'm going to assume being in HULA means putting up resistance to wearing props. Cam and I are both pretty good at this. This is us, back in December, when Mom tried to tie a big bow around me:

IMG_3162MagCam
"I will NOT wear a bow!!!"
"Ha roowooroo!  Go, Maggie!"

And this is Cam from before I got here:

IMG_6438Cam
"Really, Mom?  Really?"

Yeah. Mom hasn't tried that again. Let's move along!

6. Love of Kleenex:  We actually have no pictures of either of us with Kleenex.  You can read anything you'd like into that.

I think that should about cover it.

IMG_7662CamMagSitzbank
"Oh.  Hi, Mom.  No, we aren't doing anything."
"Yeah.  Hi, Mom.  We're just ... hanging out."

Meeshka, we hope you'll consider our application and accept us into the ranks of HULA.  We look forward to hearing from you!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher
(and Cammie!)

13 comments:

  1. You two will certainly be accepted into HULA! You have skills that they will be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad to see the Sitzbank / Ottoman rule is still being challenged, er, enforced. We heartily approve of your HULA membership! (Somehow, we think that Typhoon is probably ready to do his HULA application. We think he might, just maybe, qualify.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have it made - looks like you met all the criteria to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are shoe... I mean Paw in's. Well done girls. I must have some Sibe in me cuz I think I could complete the application process.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think it should be a unanimous decision to allow you into HULA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should be the president of HULA, Maggie, based on your excellent ottoman occupation skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie-
    You have made the cut!! I eat a lot of Kleenex, maybe I can join.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think you both are prime candidates and will be inducted before you know it!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't think you have to worry one bit about being accepted. You girls have got it covered and then some!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and welcome to the club! Your application was furry good! I is a member too, so we should get along great!

    Mya Boo Boo, The Painter Pack

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls are too funny - and you have so much good evidence that you belong in HULA : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are going to be excellent additions to the Army. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:01 AM

    I think you guys would DEFINITELY qualify with extra high ranking automatically,even!
    Hmmm. Wonder if there is such thing as a Daneberian? I have some of your Sibe qualities :)
    ♥ Behr Behr :)

    ReplyDelete