|"Ready to go?"|
Oh. Right. Before we get started. Yes, that's me, above, on the sitzbank. No, I'm not allowed up there. Thanks for asking.
The complete application process can be found at this link; let's go through that list of covert deeds!
1. Demonstrating Disruptive Behavior: Some may call it "disruptive". We call it "being Siberians". I'm pretty sure I had this one covered since the day I got here:
2. Cause Humans to freak out for no real reason: There are no pictures to go with this, but here's something I really enjoy doing! I go somewhere in the house, out of Mom's line of sight, then I cry or whine. Usually, I go lay on the bed in the bedroom. And I wait. Sometimes, I have to cry again. Once Mom hears me, she comes running in with the "Oh, Maggie! What's the matter?!?!" and she's all concerned. Then I give her my Sad Look. Sort of like this:
Yes, that's me on the ottoman. I'm not allowed up there, either. I should get bonus points for that. Anyway, once she knows I'm really OK, I get kisses. I like kisses. Then we go do something together. It's fun and is a great way to get Mom to come running to me. I mean - what if I really WAS hurt? She must come check on me. I'm careful not to do that too often, or it will lose its effectiveness.
3. Destroy Something: Does putting the Lupine "Guaranteed Even If Chewed" promise to the test count? Twice?
|"Nice leashes! Tasty, too!"|
4. Human behavior modification: No one can eat fruit in this house without Cam and me helping. We've even brought back the Ao4 tradition of Banana Formation!
|Cam, Dad, and me|
Notice I'm not sitting all the way. Bonus points!
5. Humans dress you up: I'm going to assume being in HULA means putting up resistance to wearing props. Cam and I are both pretty good at this. This is us, back in December, when Mom tried to tie a big bow around me:
|"I will NOT wear a bow!!!"|
"Ha roowooroo! Go, Maggie!"
And this is Cam from before I got here:
|"Really, Mom? Really?"|
Yeah. Mom hasn't tried that again. Let's move along!
6. Love of Kleenex: We actually have no pictures of either of us with Kleenex. You can read anything you'd like into that.
I think that should about cover it.
|"Oh. Hi, Mom. No, we aren't doing anything."|
"Yeah. Hi, Mom. We're just ... hanging out."
Meeshka, we hope you'll consider our application and accept us into the ranks of HULA. We look forward to hearing from you!