Who We Are

Monday, December 02, 2013

Something Fishy Is Going On!

Greetings to all, it's me, Maggie!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Before I get started with today's post, please allow me to wish all of you a very happy Siber Monday from Cam, Zim and me.  Ours was very busy - lots of playing and walking and playing and chewing on everything I could find and playing and learning things from Cam and Zimmie and playing ... AND I got to have special playtime in the backyard!

As we started down the deck stairs, Mom told me something fishy!  She said we were going to play with a very special fish -- but I had left my Fishie in the house, so I was a bit befuddled.  Mom said this fish was different - and that his name is Squeaky Fish!  Oh, I just love squeaky toys, so I couldn't wait!

When we got out to the yard, I chewed on Squeaky Fish a bit - and oh, was Mom right! It's SUCH a fun toy and has the very loudest SQUEAK I've ever heard!

IMG_0727Mags
"SQUEAK!!!"

Mom went down to the next tier down and she could still hear my new friend squeaking!

IMG_0723Mags
"Maggie!  Come!"
"SQUEAK!!!"

Umm... would you believe I couldn't hear Mom calling me over the loud squeaks?

Anyway, Mom thought I might burn up more energy (whatever that means) if she threw Squeaky Fish and I chased after him and brought him back. It's a game called "Fetch".  I haven't heard of that, and don't recall seeing it as a recommended activity in the Siberian Husky rule book, but I thought I'd humor my mom a bit.  She gave Squeaky a little toss and I gleefully dove into the pool of leaves in the yard to get him!

IMG_0695Mags
"Whee!  Gotcha, Squeaky Fish!"

Mom thought that might mean I was ready for some long throws! We went down onto the middle tier of the yard and Mom gave SF a good toss. I flew after him!

IMG_0712Mags
Run, run, run!

Then I ran back up to the top tier!

IMG_0702Mags
"Here I come!"

Then I ran to Squeaky again, and ran back up to the top tier:

IMG_0704Mags
"Here I come again!"

I kept flying along the top tier -- can you see me zooming in this next shot?

IMG_0707Mags
Zoom, zoom, zoom!!!

I ran back to the middle tier (and remembered to pick up Squeaky Fish that time), then kept going!  Here I am, zooming on the top tier with Squeaky!

IMG_2528Mags
"Squeak!!!"

I had all kinds of fun running around the yard with Squeaky Fish!

Oh.  I might have forgotten about the "bring it back to Mom" part of the game.

IMG_2526Maggie
"Zim, Cammie, and Sibes everywhere will be so proud of me!"

I had a lovely time playing with my very special new toy!  And as per playing "Fetch" the Siberian Husky way?  Nothing fishy about that at all!

Have a joyous Siber Monday, everyone!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

13 comments:

  1. OH Maggie, I am so relieved to hear that you did NOT return the toy to your mom.

    One time tops. That's the rule. I'm sure Zim and Cam will let you know that as well in case you forget.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I play fetch too! I chase the ball, but then just run off and wait for dad to retrieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *whew* I think if you brought Mr. Squeaky back to your Mom, you'd have to turn in your Sibe card and petition to be a Lab or a Retriever or something. You had us worried until you made it clear that you DIDN'T bring it back! ;-)

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well doggone it, Maggie. I was hoping you'd have picked up a bit of the adopted Dave trait to make us Labs a teensy bit proud. Maybe there's hope yet. I'll keep watching.......
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can tell you were flying up those tiers Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun you and squeaky fish had.

    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think maybe we need a squeaky fish in our house! I was gonna say "A Sibe retrieving?" until your mom explained it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to celebrate Siber Monday Maggie, Mr. Squeaky Fish looks like LOTS of fun!!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to love to play fetch MT until I discovered squirrels. Now not so much. Enjoy squeaky fishy. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a toy that is just like your SF, Maggie, and it does have the loudest squeak ever! Have fun racing around outside!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those long fishies throws look fun. Little ones must burn some energy other than bitey facing auntie, BOL
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool toy!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Siber Monday, Maggie! Mol! we thought we heard some strange noises yesterday...now we know it was you and squeaky fish...or as our mom calls Wriggley's toy of the same, obnoxious squeaky fish :D Nice zoomies :) pawsonally, we think fetch is overrated too. hee hee!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete