Who We Are

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Incognito

Hello, everyone.  It's me.  Cam.  (whispering.)  Over here.

IMG_1434CamIncognito
"Shh!  Don't tell my mom!  It's me."

This whole "wearing outfits" thing that I know full-well was instigated by my Auntie Trace (Teddy Westlife's mum) MUST STOP!  Earlier this week, Mom was getting wintery things ready and came across an ear band our grandmother knitted.  Fortunately, I was not in the area, but Maggie was.  You all know what happened, right?  Check it out:

IMG_1291MagsBabuschka
"What's with the babushka, Mom?  I feel like Little Blue Riding Hood."

That remark gave Mom another idea, of course.

IMG_1297Maggie
My ... what a big snooter you have ...

Sadly, Mom didn't think Mags quite pulled off the whole Big Bad Wolf posing as Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother thing, and so who did they turn to?

IMG_1295CamBigBadWolf
"Seriously, Mom?  Sigh.  OK.  Fine.  'Come here, Little Red, and give Granny a kiss.'  Happy now?"

I think that was type-casting and I was not pleased.  I mean, sure, I'm a grandmother - and I'm quite proud of all of my puppies and my lovely grand puppies ... but STILL!  At least when she made my great sisters Jesse and Lucky play the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood, they didn't have to wear granny glasses!!!  (Click here for that post!)  This is out of control!

So yesterday, Mom was going to go downstairs and do some sewing.  She asked if I wanted to come help.

IMG_1326CamMags
"Umm ... 'Cammie'?  Haven't seen her."
"What's up, Mom?  I'll help!"

So I stayed and helped Dad while Maggie went downstairs to the Studio.

Maggie said they had fun down there - a LOT of fun!  Mom made a cool basket out of fused plastic bags.  Somehow, part of it ended up up-side down, but Maggie thought that would make a better liner anyway!  This was Maggie's proposal for the outside of the basket:

IMG_1393BasketMags
"Awesome, Mom!  Way to recycle!"

I was done helping Dad by the time they got back upstairs and made the mistake of wanting to see what they'd been working on.  What was I thinking?!?

IMG_1400CamHat
"If this was a bit wider, I could do an awesome Napoleon imitation."

She didn't like the Napoleon look, so she tried something else.

IMG_1404MagsCamHat
"Hey, look!  It's the Good Humor pup!  I scream, you scream, we all scream for--"
"Isn't it Maggie's turn, Mom?"

Mom indeed thought Maggie should share in the fun.  Oddly enough, Maggie seemed to have disappeared.

So anyway, both Mags and I are laying low, hoping Mom will forget about Auntie Trace's challenge.

IMG_1429MagsDesertCamo
"OK, I've got Dad's Desert Storm hat.  I need to get those sunglasses from Cammie, then I should be good to go."

Anyway ... no idea where Maggie is. And of course, I'm totally incognito, so there's no way Mom will find us.  Right?

Have a great weekend!

Cammie!

11 comments:

  1. You guys are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the photos, especially that first one. We are thinking you probably have spy skills because you can slip around incognito!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Oh I know Goose is feeling your pain across the bridge.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. chuckles - you look like a wolf in grannies clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going through the woods to granny's house. Are you the big bad wolf? BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy...Cammie, we always find it best to just let the Mamas get it out of their systems :-), or hide...hiding works sometimes too!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such creative minds you all have-with the hats and of course with your Mom's bag project. It is warm here, but the wind makes it feel like fall.
    Have a great weekend.
    Noreen, Hunter and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cammie? um...is that you? it sounds like you bloggin an all but we don't recognize that puppy in the hat and sunglasses...

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG those photos totally cracked me up!
    xoxo
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cammie??? Where ARE you? Mags, you are an extremely patient side!!

    -Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMD, you're right, she'll NEVER find you now!!! Your momma is really getting a little out of control. Do you think she's been talking to MY momma too much??

    ReplyDelete