Who We Are

Thursday, January 09, 2020

Our New Toys!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  Before I get started, I'd like to thank everyone for the happy birthday wishes!  I had a really nice day, made even more special by all of you!

As you may have guessed from yesterday's post, we got new toys for my birthday!  I say "we" because Maggie and I love sharing with each other.  Here's how it all went:

After lunch, Mom went into the secret closet and seemed to be doing something in there.  Mags and I thought we should investigate!

IMG_2621MagsCam
"Mom!  Whatcha doing?  Are you sneaking around?"
"No ... well, yes.  I mean ... I have something for Cammie!"
"For ME?!?"

Then she suggested we all go into the living room to see what she had!

IMG_2622MagsCamToy
"Look!  It's a Sloth!"
"GASP!  I thought it was Sock Monkey at first!"
"I think that one should be mine ..."
IMG_2623MagsCamToys
"And a Rainbow Trout!"
"Oooh, Sushi!  Uh, I mean a Fishy!!!"
"Where did that Sloth go?"

I really was interested in the Sloth - he's just so cute!  And given his resemblance to Sock Monkey, I thought he'd be safer with me.  I told Maggie she could have the Trout.

She wasn't quite sure what to make of him at first, but then Mom played Siberian Rules Fetch with her for a while, then played a game of Tuggy-Tug.

IMG_2647MagsToy
"Geeeve me the feeeshy, Mom!"

Mom always lets Maggie win at Tuggy-Tug.

We settled in for some quality time with our new toys:

IMG_2660MagsCamToys
"What did you say, Fishy?!?"
"SQUEAK!!!!!"
"I'm glad you're the quiet type, Sloth!"

My Sloth can squeak, but I play with him so gently that he doesn't.

IMG_2666CamMagsToys
"I can make him squeak, Cam!"
"You guys don't think I'm going to let that happen, do you?"

Anyway, I'm happy to say that after about half an hour of supervised play, my Sloth is still in great shape.  Maggie's Trout had a small fin-ectomy performed, but other than that, he's looking good!  The toys are by Fluff & Tuff; Mom and Dad got them from Amazon, but I'm sure they're found many places!  Our friend Matilda the Boxer gave us a heads up about these being tougher than most other stuffies - and she was right!  Thank you, sweet friend!!!  

We just love our new toys!  Thanks again for all the birthday kindness!!!

Cammie!

4 comments:

  1. OMD, you have a sloth too, Camo?? Santa brought me one for Christmas! I'm so glad that the toys have been holding up to Mags. I pulled the tail off my tree rat but otherwise he's held up grreat for months. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:19 PM

    I'm so glad Maggie got a toy too on your birthday! small fin-ectomy! LOLOL!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like fun toys. We would like to see how they would hold up to Walter's jaws of doom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips about the stuffed toys! Mine often have to have surgery, so maybe mom could try one of those toys too for me!

    Your friend Kiki

    ReplyDelete