Who We Are

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Longer Trail Walk

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  Over the weekend, I took Mom on another long walk.  You know -- "a tired biped is a good biped" and all that!  Anyway ... we headed up the hills to the Hudson Trail.  I thought the sky and sunrise looked especially pretty:

IMG_3166MagsSunrise
"Oooh, dig that sunrise, Mom!"

I thought I should hop up on the chunk of limestone up ahead!

IMG_3167MagsSunrise
"Hang on - let me do my serious face!"

I was hoping for something more dignified.  Mom took another shot:

IMG_3169MagsSunrise
Me!  Polargold's Margaret Thatcher

Totally the look I was going for!

We walked a leg of the trail we frequently take, then instead of doubling back or looping around through the neighborhood, I proposed something else!

IMG_3172MagsHudsonTrail
"Let's head up this hill!"

It's the last leg of the trail that's paved and it's tons of fun!  It has LOTS of hills; I know my mom loves walking hills!  Here are a couple action shots:

IMG_3173MagsHudsonTrail

IMG_3174MagsHudsonTrail

Eventually, we got to where the paved part ends and the dirt part starts.  It was SUPER muddy and I thought it would be a blast to walk that part!  Mom seemed to disagree.  Fair enough, since it would have meant me getting a b-a-t-h when we got home.

Sometimes, there are horses in the field to my left.  I looked for them:

IMG_3177MagsHudsonTrail
"Horse friends?!?  Are you out there?"

They must have been in the house.  Maybe still in bed -- it was early.

Anyway, it was a great walk and tired Mom out pretty well.  I don't remember her getting into any mischief, at least.  Of course, I was kind of tired myself, so I'm not 100% sure ...

Thanks for coming with us!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

8 comments:

  1. Maggie a long walk is just what the doc ordered and you and Mom have such a beautiful place to walk.
    I love the sky in the very first photos...the clouds are quite artistic.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took your mom on an excellent walk Maggie. We love the sunrise and your excellent pose on that rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job tiring your mum out like that Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hear there are lots of famous trails in Kansas from the early days of our country - maybe you can find one of those and have a long walk to OP:)

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunrise is just beautiful, Maggie! Beautiful shots and a fun walk for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard work tiring bipeds out sometimes, but it's our duty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great walk. Thanks for taking us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have such a nice system of trails there! You are very lucky!

    Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete