Who We Are

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Turkey Day Walk, Part Deux

 Greetings to all!  It's me, Mags, here with the second installment of our Thanksgiving Day walk.  Are you good to keep going?

Once we hit the KSU Gardens, I was fairly sure I knew where we were.  Things started smelling more familiar.  I was sure of it once we hit this intersection:

IMG_0553RagnarMagsJardine
"Hey, Mags.  It says 'Jardine Drive'."
"Oh, yeah.  And those are Jardine Apartments.  Named after Al Jardine of the Beach Boys."

IMG_0554MagsRagnarKSUVHC
"And to our right is the Vet School!"
"Ha!  Like I'm going to fall for that!!!"

Sadly, I didn't fool him one bit on the Beach Boys thing, but I wasn't kidding about the Vet School!

IMG_0559MagsRagnarKSUVetMed
"No, seriously, Raggi!  Check it out."
"Oh.  Right.  We don't have to go in, though, do we?"

We were good to go.  Fortunately, all seemed pretty quiet over there anyway.

Right after the Vet Med Center, we came across this place:

IMG_0565MagsRagnarBiosecurityResearchInstitute
"That place looks interesting!"
"I'll say!"

It sounded like a great place to explore, but oddly enough, Mom and Dad said, "No." Not to worry - we kept going and found something even better!

IMG_0569RagnarMagsNBAF
"Check it out, Mags!"
"Oooh!  We should go in!"
   
Yeah! The NBAF! (National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility). Here's a better shot:

IMG_0567NBAF
NBAF
  
I mean, come on! Just a few security checkpoints to go through, and we'd be on to a really wild adventure! The brakes were put on that idea, too, so we headed back toward the west. We went past the Kansas Wheat Innovation place:

  IMG_0583KSWheatInnovationCtr

I have no idea what they do there. Something involving wheat. Ha roo.  (Seriously, though, I put a link up above!)

We came across the KSU Rowing center:

IMG_0575RagnarMagsKSURowing
"Row, row, row your boat ..."
"I wonder how they can fit a river or lake or something in there?!?"

IMG_0586RagnarMagsKSUStadium
"... gently down the stream..."
"Over there's the football stadium!"

And then we hit the K-State Athletics center:

IMG_0591RagnarMagsKSUAthletics
"I'll bet they're serving breakfast to all the football players."
"We should DEFINITELY go in there!"

We'll stop there for today.  I feel hungry for some reason.  I hope you're enjoying our adventure!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

3 comments: