Who We Are

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Reenactment and Valentine's Day Poem

Woo, everypup and everycat.  It's me, Dave.  Up here.


You didn't think Zim was the only one who came up here to do cute poses, did you?  Woo!

Anyway, so Zim and I were talking about that reenactment he mentioned yesterday - you know, where he got on the ledge up here on the cat-walk and it freaked Mom out and so we don't have a picture of it.  I thought a reenactment was a great idea, so I grabbed the camera, so he could get up there and I could take his picture.  Well, Zim gets distracted pretty easily... and by the time I got the camera, he had moved on to trying to come up with a Valentine's Day poem.  

I was already up there - up here...

...and wanted to get on with it.  Stormy said she had an idea and that she'd help me out.  She's not only smart, she's really nice.  She got her little squ... uh, puppy to help, too.  OK, here goes.

Storm balanced her ...puppy up on the railing.

See how narrow it is?  The ...puppy could barely balance up there.  And this particular kind of ...puppy can balance pretty easily.  Trust me - I've seen them on power lines and stuff.

Oh, and hey.  There's Zim down there!  You can see how hard he's working on his poem.  (There he is, down there on screen right!)

Whatcha got so far, little bro?

Kongs are red,

Dino bones are blue...


Hmm... not there yet, huh?  You'll get it!

Stormy’s collar is red, 

My left eye is blue... 

Dave’s eyes are blue.

Ammy is sweet,

Ha roo roo roo!


Nah, I don't have it yet, Dave!
You'll get it, Zim!  Stick with it!

Now... where were we?  Oh, yeah.  Stormy's ...puppy was balancing on the railing.

As you can tell, there's no way one of us could balance up there.  But there's another ledge just below that; it starts as sort of part of the railing, then is like a plant shelf.  Here's a look at that:


See?  A Sibe could easily balance up there.  Even though it's real high and all.  But we could do it if we wanted to. 

Storm left her ...puppy there for a minute to go see how Zim was doing with his Valentine's poem.  I thought that might not have been the best decision she's ever made, and I seized the opportunity to go get acquainted with that furry little fiend ...

You're mine, you little squ...


...but then Storm came up out of nowhere, snapped the picture real fast, and grabbed her ...puppy before I could get to it.  Woo.  Storm said that's what she had planned all along, so she could capture the "sneaky Sibe look".  She really IS soooo smart!


By the way, congrats to Zim for winning the Working Group Reader's Choice Award over at Mango-Minster.  He tied with Waldo, so a big congrats to Waldo, too!  And to everypuppy!


And... I think Zim has wrapped up his poem.  Let's see what he's got!


Stormy's collar is red,

Mine is blue.

Ammy is sweet.

Dave says, "Wooooo!"


I think he's really got a winner there.  I especially like the last line.


Happy Valentine's Day to all of our wonderful readers; may your hearts be filled with love today and all days.


Luv,

Dave

30 comments:

  1. Love the valentine and the hire wire act. Dave's our hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo khan't fool ME!

    That's no puppy...

    That's one of THOSE evil khritters!

    Be khareful PLEASE!

    Tank woo fur sharing all the news and woos from Manhattan!

    Happy Valentine's Day to ALL!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. hire wire? Hmm - Make that high wire. Must be time for another nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Valentine poem! I enjoyed seeing how that squ..puppy fits on the rail but Dave, you make me nervous walking out there to get that ...puppy! Have a wonderful weekend! Hope K-State beats KU today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you nearly gave me a heart attack Stormy! On Valentine's Day! sheeeesh! Get off that ledge!

    I have to say, that is the best Valentine's Day poem I have ever heard.

    Simcha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!!!! But AO4, please do be careful - that is NOT a balance beam or a high wire - we can't let woo get hurt - we need all of woo.

    Happy Valentine's Day to all of woo.

    Woos, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's day from MN. Please ask your mom to give you snooter smooches from us. Plus an extra one for Ammy from the boy.

    Princess Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poem is grrrreat! And congrats on the Reader's choice award!! :) Happy Valentine's Day!!

    LOve,
    Nala

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    You did a great job on the poem!

    We hope you guys get lots of treats and hugs today!

    Lots of Luv & Kisses
    Addie and Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was quite scared for the ...puppy then. I thought for sure it would fall and then when you went after it!!
    Pawsome poem by zim. Happy valtines day all of yous.
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentines Day!

    Congrats Zim! And great job on the poem!

    That's a funny looking puppy. I don't think we have those here in Hawaii.

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete
  12. G’day Ao4

    Happy Valetines Day

    Those photos look scawy: I'm afwaid of heights.

    xxx Asta (Oz)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dave, it looks scary up there, please be careful. And Zim, what a great poem!

    Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, and to your mum and dad.

    Huffle Mawson

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win, Zim and for writing a beautiful poem. . .I'm so impressed!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - that looks sca-rryyy - but maybe I.... hmmmm, for a squ... puppy? Yeah, I might! And the poem is awesome Dave! You rock!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Licks and Huge hugs,
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:05 PM

    This is one of my FAVORITE posts EVER that you all have done. Well done! Congrats to my man on his award from Mango. Nice sneaky work Dave and Storm. And super duper poem! I love it!
    Hugs,
    YOUR VALENTINE (Zim),
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo-onderful post! It's got efurrything - drama, humor, mystery, deception, poetry, a cast of thousands...well, maybe not thousands, but its got all of woo and a "puppy" to boot! Happy Valentines Day to woo too!

    Snooter smooches & nose bonks,
    Star & Jack a-roo

    ReplyDelete
  19. BOL I luv your poem :)
    Big licks to you
    Suzuki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooo Dave, great hang ten through the railings, you're such a dare-devil! Congratulations to Zim! Stormy's ...puppy looks a bit ...nutty! Great post, great photos, great poem!
    Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day filled with love and belly rubs :D
    S.W.A.L.Slobber xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Valentines Day to you guys. Great balancing act. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the win,
    Zim.

    kinda short poem for you there!

    also because my J has a fear of heights your photos had to be looked at from behind the sofa here!!!!!

    The poem was excellent, especially the last bit!

    My J says to tell your Mum she

    "has visions of all of the blogging mums and dads taking all these wonderful photos and poses. If you did not know about dog blogging and peeked in when it was all going on, you would think we were all crazy!!!!!"

    Hope your Valentines Day was good!

    Happy Hearts!

    lotsaluv Marvin xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Valentine's Day!!! You almost got that sq.. puppy, better luck next time!! You guys have so much fun over there at HQ!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Valentines Day! And congrats, Zim! Waldo could not be happier to share Reader's Choice with such a cool puppy!!

    Wuv,
    Gus and Waldo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stormy, you are an adventurous girl. Either that, or nothin' is standin' between you and the 'puppy'! Beautiful Haik-woo, Dave. Lots of neat Valentine-y things goin' on over there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh please stay off of high places!!! Woos makes me nervous!! Great poem Zim!! Woo gots talents!

    Mya Boo Boo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great poem! Zim is a poet and I didn't know it. WOO!

    I really enjoyed that reenactment. Especially the part with the squirr... I mean, puppy. When you were going to get it. I was really cheering you on. Too bad Stormy found you.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Wow what a super cool valentines poem! You be so clevers!!
    That be scary that balancing, be careful pups xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. That ledge is very high! I don't think I'd be chasing ...puppies up there! Zim did a great job with the poem!
    :) Tibby

    ReplyDelete
  30. That poem is just PERFECT! Good job! And I have to say that ledge is pretttty darned scary. Oh - and about that "puppy" - well, I see Khyra has addressed that.
    Congrats on that awesome win for Zim at Mango-minster.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete