Who We Are

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Reindeer Tales

Ha roo, pups and kit-cats!  It's me - Zim!  Before I get to today's post, I wanted to tell you some mighty exciting news.  We gave an interview to our cool cat pal Savannah for her series "Real Rescue Dogs Are Talking".  If you have time, please swing by her blog and give it a read - click here!  Thanks, pals -- and special thanks to Sav-a-dab-a-doo for doing the interview!  The thought of this helping people understand how great it is to adopt adult pups or kit-cats from shelters is simply awesome!

OK.  So ... as you read yesterday, Dave and I had a couple meetings and reached some agreements about who would  have to  get to pose with what Christmas items this year and all.  Us boys are of one mind on everything!  Of course, Mom is another story altogether ... and she didn't know the new rules we'd set down.  It started with the reindeer ...

IMG_2794e Zim
"They're touching me, Mom."

Dave and I agreed:  I don't have to pose with stuff touching my feety-feet.  And these reindeers were breaking the rules!  Zoom in ...

IMG_2792e Zim

See?

IMG_2793e Zim
"Hey, Dave!  Didn't we agree that I didn't have to pose with stuff touching my feety-feet?"

Oh, don't blame Mom - these reindeers are trouble.  While I toss them over to the Deeve, check out Part One of a very special Christmas flash-back - please click here.

IMG_2846e Dave
"I remember you!"

Dave said they better not give us any trouble this year.

IMG_2844e Dave
"I'm serious, Reindeer."

Fortunately, we have a dear, (note that's "dear" ... not "deer") sweet, beautiful friend in Miami, Florida who knows how to keep those reindeers in check.  Seriously.  Please click here to read the finale of our Christmas flashback!

IMG_2845e Dave
"I've got my eye on you.  ...And I have Luna's phone number!"

Dave reminded Mom about the phrase in that Clement C. Moore poem (A Visit From Saint Nicholas/'Twas the Night Before Christmas) about "...when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh and I ate tiny reindeer..."  Right after the "ate" part, Mom decided Dave didn't have to pose with the reindeer any more.

We should really hold our conferences more often!  Ha roo roo roo!

Play bows,
Zim

25 comments:

  1. Hey Dave you got a reindeer on your snooter. Hope it doesn't poop. Seriously dude you are very kind to let it sit on your nose. I'm headed over to read your interview. I am very excited about it.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is hu-dad humming "Reindeer keep falling on my head?" He said something about he had to share that tune rattling around his head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:05 PM

    One blue eye, one brown eye, so pretty! Those reindeer are the cutest....even if they are touching your feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys we read your interview and were touched by how things came good in the end. Oh my! We were so happy that all is well. Nice one all. We are both rescues so we know how much time and effort it takes to give us a second chance. BRAVO ALL! Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those reindeer are pests! I loved your interview and even learned a little more about you boys.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reindeer on your feety feets and your snooter? You boys are being very patient! We hope Santa is watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. That was quick thinking to recite the Night Before Christmas. So so smart.

    I DID hear about the S-N-O-W. According to Mrs. Master, if the weather people are making a big deal out of it, we won't get any. However, I am ignoring her because HOW RUDE OF HER TO SAY THAT! I WANT SNOW.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can NOT EVEN BELIEVE that she would FORCE you to have those troublesome guys touchin your feety-feets. NOT RIGHT. WIMMEN are a real problem some times.

    BUTT darn did it make fur some CUTE PICTURES.

    Guess WHAT...??????????????? Ernie and I are going outside right now to eat on some of the DEER BONES that Mom just cooked the meat off of... so she could make BROTH... Yep, Ol' Sure Shot brought us a DOE last night. YUMMMMMMMMM So that Clem guy was right We ate deers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think when you guys have decision meetings you have to let mom know what you decided before hand. BOL....
    Oh my we loved your interview, we learned so much.Such an awesome story to share. We loved reading how the girls helped out with both boys. We Think the Army Of Four is pretty special

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are cute pictures, but we do agree there should be rules about these things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should have issued an official memo to your mom after the meeting. It's the only way humans remember anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Zim and Dave, I have to tell you that I have reindeer twins-same as yours. They are pretty old but still in good shape. I think you have pawsome manners.
    Wags, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the reindeer had a plan of their own

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have the giggles after seeing these pictures. You two sure are being patient with those reindeer parked on your paws and nose. Have they hopped off yet? We read your pawsome interview over at Savannah's and enjoyed it. We are so happy you all have a loving home. Even if they do allow reindeer to sit on you. lol Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Bless Ceiling Cat!! I cannot believe Mom would have you pose with those evil reindeer ON YOUR FEETY FEETS!! The Shock!! And to learn there is a history in your family of this type of Reindeer Feety Feet abuse!! NO! I will search for those reindeer and make sure they know not to bother my Sibe furriends Dave and Zim ever again...stalks off in search of reindeer...Savvy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pictures...silly reindeer!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hee hee! Zim, you and Dave have the best expressions :D yeah, we aren't fooled either by those little reindeer, cute or no.

    You pups did a great interview!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Too cute!!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't like stuff touching me feet either. I am glad they got off, but they seem kind of annoying and "in your face" kind of reindeer. Good luck you guys.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5:07 AM

    Just come accross from Savy's having ready your fab interview and I am so pleased I did!
    However a word of advice one new furiend to another I think eating Santa's raindeer would not only get you on the naughty list but mean you may get a job helping pull the sleigh so that all us good (yes I have been good-ish) doggies still get all our presents!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That really is some exciting news you got there. The posing photo shoot was quite the success! We have that little reindeer too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  22. You need to give your momma a list of all the rules so she won't make an error like this again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Thanks for your wonderful interview!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We're with you - we don't like things touching our feets either, not even reindeer! We hope Santa isn't frowning.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those darn tricky reindeer - good thing you have them under control, Dave!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete