Who We Are

Thursday, July 25, 2013

What Was She Thinking?

Hello, everyone, it's me, Cammie.  I have this one spot in the living room where I like to lay - it's right at the corner of the living room and the foyer, at the top of the stairs.  I can see both of those rooms AND into the kitchen and breakfast room from there, not to mention perfect top-of-the-stairs positioning.  It's ideal.

So what did my mom do?  She put one of those bone-shaped mats there.

You might think that sounds like a good idea.  I mean, yes, they're comfy!  I really like them.  She even washed it for me and it smells all Downey-fresh and all.  I'm laying on one right now, as a matter of fact, as I dictate this -- look:

IMG_5738Cam
Me.  Right now.  Doing the blog post.

But remember - I AM A SIBERIAN HUSKY!  This was my reaction to the one in my spot:

IMG_5694Cam

I can't help it.  It's in the Sibe manual, right there between "Don't Be Overly Cooperative" and "Keep Them Guessing".  Really.  Page 392 in the hard-cover.

I have to show a little interest, though - so she won't know whether to leave it or move it somewhere else.  Voilà -

IMG_5696Cam

She doesn't know what to make of the situation.  That was last night.  This morning, I took a different tack.

IMG_5698Cam

I was going to caption that photo, but I'll leave it to your imagination.  I was staring intensely at my mom.  Zim came over to lend support.

IMG_5700CamZim
"Cam, you poor kid.  What were you thinking, Mom?!?"

He's really good, isn't he?  He totally gets it.

I didn't really know where to go from there; Zim suggested I turn my back on the whole thing for a while.  Sounded like a good idea to me.

IMG_5736Cam
"Ha-rumph!"

Seriously.  What was she thinking?

Camo!

15 comments:

  1. Those humans! Always trying to improve a good sleeping spot!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humans don't even know anything at all. They always thing they're SO helpful.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you keep them guessing for sure. Helpful? Peeps are just dumb. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Cammie!! We had a foster kitten here once that didn't like where mom was putting the bed so he moved them around all by himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly humans! She probably thinks the dog bed will keep the floor cleaner or something like that! BOL!!

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do moms insist of putting something on a perfectly good sleeping spot and messing it up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. mol! we do that too, Camo! hmmm...maybe we're part Siberian Husky...or you are part kitteh...

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are SO hapless...OUR mom just put this cover thingy on MY backseat that's waterproof or something instead of MY blanket that smells like ME only wet, and it was all covered with sand. SHEESH!!

    -Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheesh! If you wanted to sleep on a mat, you'd've been sleeping on a mat! Does she think you can't manage simple tasks like that? Humans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are funny! Me, I make Momz crazy cause sometimes, instead of napping in my dog bed I like to push it off the couch...I tunnel under it and give it a big shove...Keeps her on her toes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good move Cammie! Give it the back of disrespect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say you have master the "Keeping them Guessing" part of the manual.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moms should ask before they do things. Nutty
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete