Who We Are

Sunday, October 12, 2014

It's Adopt-a-Maggie Day!!!!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  Today is the very first anniversary of my homecoming!  My Gotcha Day!  Adopt-a-Prime-Minister Day!  Peep-a-versary!!!  Can you believe I've been here a year already?!!?

Cammie posted a lot of pictures a year ago when I first got to Ao4 Headquarters - you can see them at this link, if you'd like.  Today, I thought I'd share some you haven't seen before!  Are you ready!?!

Here I am, somewhere in Lawrence, Kansas, on my way home:

IMG_0577MaggieComingHome
"Home, please, driver!"

This was taken immediately upon my arrival at Ao4 Headquarters:

IMG_0588Maggie
"I thought it was supposed to be a yellow brick road!"

After meeting Cammie and Zim, I explored the lower deck:

IMG_0633MaggieDeck

I will admit, I loved Cam from the start ... and just adored Zimmie!

IMG_0666MaggieZim
"ZIMMIE!  ZIMMIE!  ZIMMIE!!!"
"Love you, kid!"

We all miss him very, very much.

Mom and Dad set up a nice den for me in the kitchen. We refer to it as 10 Downing Street.

IMG_0618Maggie10DowningStreet
"Greetings from 10 Downing Street!"

It's a nice little get-away.

Cam, Zim, and I did a lot of playing starting that very first day:

IMG_0645MagsCamZim
"Show me that Crazed River Otter game again!"
"Shall we, Zim?"
"Oh, yeah, Cam.  Let's go for it!!  Are you ready, Mag-a-roo?"

I showed them I was really good at play bowing already:

IMG_0659MaggiePlayBow
"Ha yip yip rooooo!"

I wanted to play all day! Here I am again with Cam:

IMG_0698MagCammie
"Let's play some more, Auntie CamCam!!!"
"Aren't you tired yet, little one?"

Cam said I was very, very active as a puppy - and that some things haven't changed.  I wonder what she meant by that?

Here are two last pictures, showing you at least one change.  Cam and me "then":

IMG_0607MagsCam
Me and Cam, meeting for the first time
12 OCT 2013

And here we are "now":

IMG_3982MagsCam
Me and Cam
12 OCT 2014

I think I've changed a little bit ... haven't I?

I hope you'll celebrate with me!  We'll be going on extra walkies, having some fruit, and enjoying special playtime with our toys!!!  Happy homecoming!!!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

17 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY Gotcha Day #1 to you Margaret T.

    WE are so glad to have you here in Blogville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie!!! You have been a joy to see grow up and we know you have brought lots of fun to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MT loved seeing your arrival and first days at home but lordy we chuckled at Nos 10. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sqquuueeeeeee you were such an adorable little puppy - happy gotcha day Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't changed a bit, still beautiful as ever. OK, maybe put on a pound or 2 but it is of pure beauty. Happy GOTCHA Day!

    Your pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Happy gotcha day sweet Mags. You sure have grown and just keep getting more and more beautiful. It has been fun to go on this journey with you. Hope your day is everything you could ever hope for.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy gotcha day Mags! Arriving in your new home is pretty special, isn't it? I'm glad you didn't have to work as hard as I did to get adopted though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie - your trip down the year-ago memory lane made us smile a lot:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you hear our "awwwwwwwwwww" right from the start? Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie! You are such a gorgeous girl!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmmm...we suppose yu eye rings have lightened a bit....and you are a wee bit taller...just a wee bit..BOL
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to remember how small you were then. You sure found a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where has the time went?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! A year already? You were so tiny and you are such a sweet young lady now! Happy Happy Gotcha Day, beautiful Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are still so adorable! Happy Gotcha Day!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy gotcha day Maggie!!

    Nuk & Isis

    p.s., love the Zimmie pics too:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy gotcha day! It is so fun to see your pictures from your homecoming as well as pictures of Zimmie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, what a special SPECIAL day!! Your family sure lucked out when you chose THEM out of all the families out there. And I'm so glad you did, because that way I got to meet you! Happy adoptiversary!

    ReplyDelete