Who We Are

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Serene Scenery Sunday

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie, here with Serene Scenery Sunday!  Cam and I took Mom on a lovely walk this morning, and we thought the scenes we saw might help you feel nice and serene!  Are you ready to go?  I'll try to keep the chit-chat to a minimum.

The first thing of note was our sunrise.

IMG_1230Sunrise19OCT14

That was actually a little earlier in the day.  We saw that, then had breakfast.

Anyway ... we went down this street...

IMG_1234MagsCamPlymouth
Me and Cam

... then up the hill!

IMG_1235CamMagsHill
Cam and me

It's the same hill we walked up when we went to the park the other day! When we got to the entrance to the Hudson Trail, I posed on the rocks, while Cammie sat patiently:

IMG_1239MagsCamTrailhead

Sorry about my leash on Cam's nose. Ha roo roo roo!

Anyway, today, we got to go down the trail!!! I zigged to the left:

IMG_1242CamMagsTrail
Cam and me

And I zagged to the right:

IMG_1243MagsCamTrail
Me and Cam

Cammie calmly walks in a straight line. Is it just me, or is that odd?

Anyway -- we got to the entrance to the next part of the trail, and I asked if we could go down there.  Mom said, "YES!"

IMG_1248MagsTrail
"Can we?  Please?"

It was great! For some reason, I got put on a short leash, while Cam was given plenty of slack.

IMG_1250CamMagsTrail
Cam and me

I have no idea what that was all about.

Here's an un-related photo.  No, really.  No relation to anything.  Look just off-center.

IMG_1252Squirrel
See the squirrel?

We got to walk yet another segment of the trail, too!!! Here's a nice shot of Cam:

IMG_1257CamTrail
"Hello, everyone!"

I ... was still on a short leash. I promised Mom I wouldn't pull as hard, and she let up.

IMG_1259MagsCamTrail
"Check those trees, Cam!  There are bound to be more squirrels up there!"
"Oh, Mags!"

At the end of that part of the trail, we turned up one of the streets. I struck a pose at my favorite corner:

IMG_1265MaggieCornerOfChurchills
Me, Margaret Thatcher, at the corner of Churchill and Churchill!

Cammie has a favorite hill she likes to walk up. Today, rather than walking up it, we walked down it - which Mom said is much more serene. Here's our view going down:

IMG_1268View

When we got to the bottom, Mom thought she heard geese honking, so we took a detour and walked over to the Kansas Ocean.

IMG_1271MagCamKSO
Me and Cam at the KSO

If you look very closely, you can see geese swimming in the ocean! After we left, they took flight - and flew right over us! It was really cool!

I hope you feel nice and serene now! Have a wonderful afternoon!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

9 comments:

  1. Dudes looks like you got some nice weather over there. Us too and off for an pawsome lark in the park tomorrow. Hope I find some squirrels. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a beautiful sunrie !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool trail to go exploring! Great photos!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sunrise was spectacular, and the rest of your day looked very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are feeling ever so serene now Maggie! Thanks so very much!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous pictures!! Love them and I love your leashes. Thank you for the Serene Sunday : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely walk! I don't know why your momma was so mean, putting you on a short leash. Sheesh! I think it's age discrimination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for a beautiful walk. Hey tee rat we see you
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love all the great pictures of the pups---and the sunrise shot is AMAZING! Wow.

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete