Who We Are

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

That Time Of Year!

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  It's my favorite time of the year (except for when it's snowing).  Do you know what that is?  Here's a hint:

IMG_0616CamCantaloupe
"Our first of the season!!!"

Do you know what that is? Pan out, Mom!

IMG_0615CamCantaloupe
"CANTALOUPE!!!!!"

That's right -- it's Cantaloupe Season!  Cantaloupe - the sweetest, juiciest, tastiest fruit ever!!!

Mom asked if Mags and I would like to do a little taste-testing with her, while she sliced one up to have with dinner.  It's hard work, but somebody's gotta do it - right?

IMG_0612CamCantaloupe
"Oh, yes, PLEASE, Mom!  I mean, sure, I'm willing."

She let each of us have a couple small pieces ...

IMG_0613CamCantaloupe
"Oh... oh... I LOVE cantaloupe!!!"

... and I have to say - it was the best cantaloupe I've had all season!  Well, sure.  It's the FIRST one, but I'm hoping for lots, lots more!  It's that time of year, after all!!!

Do you have a favorite fruit?  Cantaloupe and pears are my top two!

Cammie!

14 comments:

  1. Oh boy...we have never had cantelope Cammie, but you sure make it look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never had it either, but you're clearly loving yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't had cantaloupe either, but I love strawberries and fresh pineapple.

    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love that stuff
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you're one happy girl, Cammie! I love cantaloupe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD!!! That looks yummers!!!! I've never had that, cause Ma LOOOOOVES the Honeydew, so I loves the Honeydew too! BOL! I also loooooves the wallymelon! Whenever I hear Ma in the kitchen cuttin' up somethings, I knows it's gonna be melon! I gives her the sad puppy eyes til she gives me a taste....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cammie that is kinda like when mom is making 'tater salad...she'll ask dad to be her taster...he (not) grunts and (not) groans but he does it.
    You are a real team player.
    This gal eats no fruit or veggies...per se but my treats do have a hint of cranberry with a lot of Salmon or chicken too
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love cantaloup, and blueberries, and bananas, and apples, and honey dew, and water melon!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. We prefer the whipped cream on top of the fruit. Our mommy had fresh strawberries last weekend but she wasn't nearly as cute as you are right before she took the first bite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like cantaloupe ok. the other day I tried some pineapple and I thought that was good. is toona a fruit? I think that is the paws down favorite around here. purrs,

    ~sharpie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Ohhh that does look yummy! ~nose nudges Bonnie Pup

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mom says she hasn't had a good canteloupe in a long time. The store keeps stocking some funky kind of "canteloupe" that isn't the real thing. Yours looks so very tasty. Enjoy. Misty hasn't had the pleasure of melons yet, but Lightning LOVES watermelon. We bet MIsty will too.

    Woos - Misty and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dakota likes apples and bananas, have never given him cantaloupe. Isn't it kind of early for cantaloupe to be REALLY sweet? DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chopper likes watermelon!🍉

    ReplyDelete