Who We Are

Thursday, July 02, 2020

Getting Started

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  This having a little brother thing is SO AWESOME!  In addition to having a buddy and playmate, I get to teach him all kinds of cool stuff.  I'm going to back up a little bit and show you how Ragnar and I got started.

As I showed you the other day, we really hit it off out at Polargold HQs.  I loved everyone there, but I seemed to know that Ragnar is my brother and ... well, the rest is history, right?  Mom wanted to get some pictures before we left.  Here's my favorite group shot:

IMG_4485MagsRagnarCecileLisaMike
Me and Ragnar doing nose bumps in front
Our breeders (Cecile and Lisa) and Dad in the back

Don't we all look happy?!?

When we got home, I showed him around the neighborhood and house.  He's not used to being a house pup, so we're doing some training there.  So far, he's been really good.  He's also really good at zoomies and wrestling.  Mom cheers us on a lot, using funny phrases like, "Be gentle!" and "Careful, you two!", but we pretty much ignore her.

The next day, I started my walk training.  He walks very nicely, and we do great together.  He has a lot to get used to, though - he's not used to being in a neighborhood where there are a lot of people, cars, trucks, etc.  He's adapting super well!

IMG_4521MagsRagnar
"This is a side walk!  We try to stay on these, OK?"
"Got it, Maggie."

We walked all the way to the far side of the park that day, which meant we had to walk over the Trippy Trap Bridge.  It's wooden and makes noises when you go over it.  Ragnar hadn't been on a Trippy Trap Bridge before, so I offered to go first.

IMG_4522RagnarMaggieBridge
"See, Ragnar?  Nothing to worry about!  I don't even see any trolls down there!"
"I'm not sure about this ... "

Fast forward about a week to the next crack he had at the bridge ... and check him out:

IMG_4890MagsRagnarBridge
"C'mon, Mags!  This is a piece of cake!"
"Go, Ragnar!!!"

I was so proud of him!  He even looked over the side of the bridge with me to check for trolls!  What a brave guy!

We've also been teaching him about parking lots and shopping centers.

IMG_4527MagsRagnarCandlewood
"Stick close here, Ragnar.  There can be a lot of traffic!"
"OK!"

He handled it like a champ!

Near the end of that first walk, we hit the Hudson Trail.

IMG_4530RagnarMaggieHudsonTrail
"It's nice and cool and shady here, Maggie!  I like this!"
"I do, too, Ragnar!"

I'm really proud of my kid brother.  He's such a fast learner - and is willing to try anything new we toss his way!

I feel a round of zoomies coming on, so that's it for today.  Stay cool, everyone, and stay safe from those firecrackers/fireworks!  (He's doing great with those, too!)

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

9 comments:

  1. Maggie you and Ragnar are so very very lucky to have each other and most of all to be loved by your peeps.
    Ragnar was meant to be that is for certain.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ragnar is lucky to have you, Maggie. He's going to learn a whole lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are doing a great job teaching Ragnar how to be a house dog. He has a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must seem nice to be the big sister, Maggie, and show Ragnar all that you learned from Cammie.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie you are a great teacher and Ragnar you are a quick learner. Keep up the good work you two.
    ~Bonnie, Belle and Bessie Pups

    ReplyDelete
  6. whew1 the first thing we thought of when we saw the bridge was: Trolls! glad it was all clear :) you are a very good big sister, Maggie. Ragnar is a quick study and it's good he has you to cue off of. we hope you all have a fun and safe 4th weekend

    minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great. And look at the smiles on your parents' faces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, you two seem perfect together; I know you'll continue to teach Ragnar the ropes on being such a well behaved citizen! So glad you picked him out.
    Wags,
    Noreen and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you all are really teaching Ragnar the rope, and he's a quick study!

    ReplyDelete