Who We Are

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

I'll Be Your Roundabout

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me - Zim.  Remember I mentioned something yesterday about an extra-special, really exciting adventure?  Well, we were listening to the local news on the radio at lunch, when I  said, "Ha roo!  I know exactly where we should go today!"  After lunch and a walk with Dave, Mom and I headed off!

Mom had no idea where we were going at first, but since I was the navigator, did that really matter?  Not really.  I directed her into town; we kept going and going and going.  Pretty soon, we saw this:

IMG_2606e

We went through the roundabout, then pulled over and parked.  I got out and had a look around.

It was great!  I had never been where I was before, so there were all kinds of cool things to explore, sniff, and to see!

IMG_2609e Zim
"How cool!  I've never been here!"

Then Mom figured it out - the news broadcast and where we were.  Hey, I had a plan all along!  How could she doubt me?

IMG_2611e Zim
"There it is!"

Can you see it?  Let me clip in a screen shot from Google Maps for an aerial view:

Screen Shot
I was about where that red arrow is pointing.
The red arrow wasn't on Google Maps, I put that in.

That's right - I was at THE roundabout at 4th and Bluemont.  Our City decided to put this in a few years ago to help control traffic instead of something pedestrian (no pun intended) and less expensive like a traffic light.  So far, the cost has been over two million dollars ... but, hey, the project isn't complete yet.  See that pedestal in there?

IMG_2619e Zim
"Right there!"

Right in the middle - a pedestal.  The plan is to put a sculpture up there.  I heard on the news at lunchtime that the committee in charge of choosing the sculpture announced that the members need more time to reach a decision.  That tells me they haven't decided anything yet and there was still time for someone to come up with a really cool, outstanding idea of what to put up there!

IMG_2616e Zim
"Ohhh... yeahhhh...!"

I have a perfect idea!

IMG_2617e Zim
"I can just imagine....!"

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?  Any "Yes" fans here?  Ha roo roo roo.

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. My MOM loves YES. Now she is singing along with the sound. I think I will be hearing it all day. They should put a lake by the roundabout like in the song. That would be coooool. And I am glad that the red arrow does not follow you around everywhere. Don't get stuck in going in circles all day Zim. hehhehe
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has a hard time with roundabouts they cos her to hyperventilate alot!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES and YES.... I can Totally SEE it NOW... You will look GRRRRREAT done in BRONZE... butt before you Jump in with all four feet, I just have one word fur you, Zim... PIGEONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking a statue of you and Dave!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Nora -- what could be better than a statue of your town's most famous residents, Dave and Zim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I think a giant dog biscuit statue would look great or maybe a fire hydrant but that would tease everyone. WE have a lot of round abouts here and they do help keep people from speeding.
    Hugs, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too were thinking a statue of you and Dave. Far more noble and becoming of your place. You are the most important ones in town aren't you? Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think you would look great in bronze. Thanks for the roundup. Mom should have no worries with you in charge
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! hee hee! our mom is a Yes fan :D

    You'd be purrfect Zim! well, a statue of you anyways ;) Even better, you AND Dave! The round-about sure is a lot prettier than just a traffic light.

    Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a statue of you would be best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep - leave it to government to screw it up more. We have a few of those around here (though not as pretty) and mom says you can tell the "new" people by the way they slow down and screw up the whole pattern.

    And we agree - a big sculpture of a very handsome cat would be great up there. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it certainly is lovely, and momma says that round abouts are much more thrilling to drive through than plain old traffic light intersections.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  13. we're back to say we wanted to share an awardie with you pups. Stop by Minnie's Toesday post if you want. Purrs,

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:05 PM

    WHAT! they have not already asked you for your permission to sculpt you for that sculpture?? the nerve! paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are starting to put more of these here in Ohio as well. My mom still gets a bit nervous in them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never thought those roundabouts were better than traffic lights. They make me hyperventilate like Stella's mom.

    I do think a nice statue of you and/or Dave would be awesome for that pedestal. Good luck with that.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete