First up, Dave has told you about a special bag our mom made for a fund-raiser and promised to let you know more "later". Well, it's now "later"! Here are a few words from our mom:
As some of you know, I made one of my custom bags for a fund-raiser for Blake Freking, who will be running a team of Siberians in the Iditarod! For those who wanted a heads up -- the auction has begun! Bonnie's done a great job posting some lovely items; please check them out at this link.
Please check out the great items in the auction, and place a bid if you'd like! My bag currently is on page two; this link should take you there. For those who have asked, international shipping is available!
Thanks for your interest and support!
On the eBay site, Bonnie has provided a lot more info about why the fund-raiser is being held - and Mom wrote a blurb about the bag! You can also read more about the bag on Mom's blog.
Moving right along... we got a really cool award from our friends at Jan's Funny Farm the other day! Thanks, everypup and everycat! Here's the award:
Now we're supposed to list Seven Things about ourselves. Since it's also Photo Finish Friday, I'm going to work that in - a photo for each of the seven things!
1. We like our Kongs empty. Seriously. And the Jaws of Steel doesn't really need any encouragement to chew more aggressively.
2. We all have new collars and matching leashes! Mom made them. Well... she's not done with Dave's leash yet, but she's getting there. Here are Ammy and Zim with theirs:
And here I am with Ammy, getting her to be a little more uncooperative about the whole photo shoot thing.
Ammy and me. Not looking at the camera.
But hey, you can see the leashes; that's the main thing anyway, isn't it?
3. Dave, as most of you are well-aware, is the snuggliest one of all of us. He's not happy unless he's touching a biped, preferably Mom. I think it's part of being a Lab in a Sibe suit.
Dave and Mom. Sweatshirt available through the MaPaw Siberian Husky Rescue store.
4. Zim and I love cats. We enjoy making friends with our neighborhood kitties and keeping in touch with our other cat-pals via texting and emails.
Me and Zimmie
That's a photo my BFF Tia sent me of her and one of her Siberian sisters, Cornelia Marie. Don't they look sweet as can be?!!?
5. The boys and I love going for rides! Ammy... not so much.
Zim and Dave. Road trip!
6. We all love to go exploring! Here is a photo of the redheads from yesterday; they went to the Kansas Ocean!
Zim and Ammy at the KS Ocean
By the way, that's also a good shot of their cool, news leashes! (See item #2 above.)
7. Zim has taken to short-sheeting the bed lately. Several times a day. Ha roo roo roo. He's such a fun pup to have around!
That's our list; hope you enjoyed it! We're also supposed to tag seven friends, but we're going to do this - if you'd like the award, please take it. But if you do, we'd LOVE to see a list of seven things about you!!! Many thanks to all the crew at Jan's Funny Farm - this was tons of fun!