Who We Are

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Handsome Redheads!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me - Zim! So I heard Mom talking about some "handsome redheaded guy" who was striking some cool poses for her - and I naturally thought she was talking about me. Funny, though ... I didn't remember having a photo shoot recently. So as she was editing her photos, I looked over her shoulder and what did I see? This!

DSCN5236_2 Male Cardinal
"Handsome Redheaded Guy"

Hey! That's not me!!! I must say, he IS quite the poser, though! Look at how he's looking right at Mom, sort of cocking his head, has his beak partly open like he's smiling. I could learn from that guy! I told Mom I'd like to try that pose, and we headed out to the backyard so I could give it a go. Here's my attempt:

DSCN5218_2 Zim
EXTREMELY Handsome Redheaded Guy. ME! Zim!

Seriously - good one, don't you think? I did the whole jaunty head tilt, look at the camera and smile thing. I think Mr. C came up with a winner for me!

Then I did my "pensive look" over on one of the retaining walls. Here's a look:

DSCN5211_2 Zim
Me being serious

Yeah. Mr. Cardinal doesn't follow Mom around striking poses for her! Well... OK, maybe he does... but he doesn't come when she calls him. Oh, wait. Neither do I ... umm ...

Moving right along... I thought I'd throw a pose with a toy into my repertoire. You know that Squeaky Husky Friend that Dave thinks is his? Well, Mochi sent it to ALL of us!

DSCN5223_2 Zim
Me and our Squeaky Husky Friend

I don't like to play Tuggy-Tug with him or Fetch or anything like that, I just like carrying him around.

Anyway, a big thanks to Mr. Cardinal for the tip on the cute pose. I think I've got it down! Maybe he'll learn to pose with our Squeaky Husky Friend in his mouth?! Ha roo roo roo!

Play bows,
Zim

23 comments:

  1. Well, Zim, we think you are even more handsome than the Handsome Redheaded Guy! We love your pensive pose!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be careful or you may have to go to Stormy's remedial posing program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zim
    There is really no comparison. Your smile and pose is much more attractive than that redhead
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bird but hey no comparison.. You are gorgeous.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the song says, "You are the best! Simply the best!"

    That fancy bird, he has no word.

    On this debacle, he is totally absurd.

    A photo of red head Zim,

    well, we totally adore him.

    No bird can compete,

    Zim is just neat.

    Please Stop comparing,

    Just start sharing......

    no photos of birds,

    Zim Is The Word!

    (apologies to the movie Grease for pinching the lyrics......)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry bird, Zim wins by a landslide although that is a great picture of the bird if you are into such things.

    Me, I choose red headed Huskies.

    Flash

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the pics are so good! But you are more handsome than the birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got that pose nailed, Zim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect posing! and your smile is ALMOST as good as Ammy's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zim, the bird loses out completely when compared to you. Sure it's a pretty bird but you are so much more good looking! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! You are extremelly handsome!
    Happy Saturday!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cardinal is handsome but no where near as handsome as you are Zimmie! We love your head tilt pose in front of the K-State colored lilacs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You totally nailed that pose Zimmie. I definitely think your the best looking redhead.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zimmy, there are no redheads better looking than you! My grammy's favorite bird is the cardinal so I might have to send her over to take a look. I'm sure she will think you are the most handsomest but, you know, she will like seeing the bird too.
    Snuggles,
    Twix

    ReplyDelete
  15. We saw a handsome red bird like that today, too, while out hiking. He kept fluttering around ahead of us.

    Certainly a very worthy photography subject - as as you, Mr. Zim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mom must have asked the cardinal if he wanted to go for a walk. That always gets my head cocked to one side!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Zim myou do take top shelf to that other red head with feathers...My Mama has a fascination with those birdies too!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOO Pensive and serious Zim is not one to be messing with Mr Cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh definitelw the red sibe
    wins hands down!
    Very convincing pensive look there!

    Cheers
    maxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are by far the more handsome redhead, Zim! No doubt about it!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  21. Zim, you look redhot! The bird is pretty but tame compared to you!
    Sorry we are late again - can you tell us what a social life is?
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful photo of the bird and of course you Zim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bird pic, but your pics are pawesome! You're such a handsome model! :)

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete