Who We Are

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thank You Thursday! ☺

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me, Ammy! A big THANK YOU today to my very sweet friend Darwin! She presented us with this sweet award:

Thank you, Darwin!!!  :)

It's the
Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you soooo much, Darwin! That made me smile one of my very big Ammy smiles! We're all very honored that you would share this with us and Stormy said that a really nice way to say "thank you" would be for me to tell a joke and that might make you smile back ... and so before I get to all the rules and everything...

As you may know, we've had tons and tons and tons of rain lately. Just coming down like kitty-cats and puppies. Because of that, we've got a million of these popping up everywhere:

MushroomCollage
Mushrooms

They remind me of tiny umbrellas ... and so I thought of a joke. Only who could I trick with my joke?

DSCN5308 Ammy
"Hmm... who could I tell my joke to?"

Then it hit me.

DSCN5307 Ammy
"Hmm... perfect!"

So we actually had some sunshine and went on an extra all-family walk to celebrate and I seized the moment.

"
Hey you Sibes," I said. "Look! We've had so much rain lately, the bugs are putting up umbrellas!"

DSCN5302 cartoon
"Ammy, I don't see anything in here other than a bunch of mushroooo.... oh, AMMY!"
"Hee hee hee!"

I knew I'd get him with that one! Davy always loves my jokes! Darwin, I hope you liked that one!

So for the award, I'm supposed to thank the blogger who gave it to us -- that would be Darwin! Then I'm supposed to share seven things about me before passing it along to seven other bloggers.
1. I have very strong herding instincts; I'm the only one of the Sibes Mom has known who is like this. Did you know that once upon a time Siberian Huskies were used to herd reindeer? If Santa's guys ever get out of line, I'm available to round them up!
2. I thrive on routine!
3. I assume everyone I meet is a long-lost friend! (Also a very Siberian trait!)
4. I'm a very good watch puppy. Oh, I don't bark, but I will race to the window and stare.
5. I love being part of a pack! I take it upon myself to try to make everyone in it (bipeds and quadrupeds alike) happy!
6. I really, really needed a good home when Stormy adopted me, but I'm the only member of the Ao4 who didn't do time in the local slammer. I mean "shelter".
7. I don't like to drink if anyone's watching.
Now for the hard part! I'd like to share this with everyone, but Stormy said I should try really hard to follow the rules... and so here goes! If you already have it, please forgive me! Or if you'd rather not participate, I totally understand. OK!

and our new friends at Give a Dog a Bone

I'd really like to give this to everyone... but that's not in the rules but if you'd like it, please just take it because if anyone who gets upset then I'll get upset and won't be happy and then... (yes, Stormy? But I already listed seven things. Yes, I guess if there was an eighth item it could be that one of my nicknames is Chatty Cathy.... why? Oh. Oh, OK. Sorry.)

That's it for today! Thank you again to Darwin!

Love,
Ammy

23 comments:

  1. Dave, Dave, Dave. Don't fall for those.

    Of course, our hu-dad always gets nervous around mushrooms because one of his predecessor Herd dogs - Nikita - once got sick from eating mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooos Ammy! Thanks fur the joke, it was funny! Congrats on your award! It was interesting reading all of those cool facts about woo, I am very similar in some thing.... I am not chatty though, rarely make any noise... and don't worry about following rules, after all we are Sibes, and Sibes do not follow rules!
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ammy, congrats on the Award and for telling us some interesting things about you.
    We are not so keen on those mushrooms as we have eaten some and been sick but we liked your joke!
    love and kisses
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good joke! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahha great joke Ammy! Perfect as this morning has been crazy at work! Definitely put a smile on our faces.
    That picture is perfect of Dave checking the umbrellas and you laughing!
    Love all the facts about you!
    Too bad you don't live in Seattle. Darwin would LOVE to play with you, one of her best play pals is a husky named Winston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya! Love reading more about YOU! Hope Santa calls you up for a gig, that could be a fun adventure!
    We've had lots of rain too, and not too keen on all the shrooms growin...as I tend to EAT anything!!!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:56 PM

    #7: REALLY? no way. REALLY? ha-ha... we all have our quirks huh? that's a funny one! then again, you're a funny gal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, there is not "much room" for me to comment I guess.............

    sweet Ammie, I love your humour.

    Oh by the way, I am not making a spelling error there, it is the weird way we spell in the UK, humour v humor - kinda "I Bark Tomarrrrto, you Woo Tomaaaato2. I guess......

    lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww..congrats on your award and thanks so much for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love the joke..
    Congrad's on your award...
    You can come herding with us anytime..

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are honored! Thank you for the award! We will do our post a.s.a.p.
    Rebecca and Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your award, and great joke Ammy! I loved being part of your pack when I visited.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are interesting mushrooms!
    Congratulations on your Award!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ammy, that was a funny joke! We can tell you're the comedian in the family but we can't figure out the Chatty Cathy part. Anyway, congratulations on your award and it's always fun to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ammy...you tell the FUNNIEST jokes. We are all still giggling at the little buggle umbrellas!!

    Thank you soooooo much for the award. We feel ever so honored that you thought of us!!


    Smileys and Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Ammy! Congrats on your award! I love your joke teehee! Love hearing all about you - but not drinking water in front of your pack??? Is that a joke too heheheh! Interesting about the Santa info!
    Huge Hugs xoxoxo
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the award!!! That is a great joke Ammy!! You always tell funny jokes!!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Ammu you are to funny. Congratulations on your award.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your award! Do you ask everyone to please leave the room when you need to get a drink of water? hehehe

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your award. We love your joke, Dave!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ammy! Why thank you! I am so flattered to of received this lovely award. You for sure deserved it. I always love your blog and the people/creatures that make up the content. I especially love #3 of your list. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete