Who We Are

Thursday, January 12, 2012

10th Anniversary of Adopt-a-Dave Day!

Woo, everypup and everycat!  It's me - Dave!  Let's cut right to the chase - it's my adoption day!  This calls for a celebration!

For those of you who are new or relatively new readers of our blog, the long version of how I found my forever home is at this link.  You are welcome to click and read - otherwise, here's a quick re-cap of how I got here.

DSCN2850 Dave
"There I was, screaming my lungs out in the shelter..."

I had been in our local shelter for over a month screaming the Siberian Death Scream, then my mom, who didn't know she was my mom yet, read a plea for help from a Sibe rescue group member in Oklahoma.  Mom responded to it ... and let's just say she and Dad agreed to "foster" me until Mom could help transport me down to a foster family in OK.  Ha woo.  "Foster".  That was 10 years ago today!

Here's a pic of me from the day I came home, with Zim's snooter in the foreground!

Wasn't I a cute little guy?!?

I plan to celebrate the big day by holding paws with my mom...

IMG_6040 Dave
"Hold my paw, Mom?"

...going on some cool adventures with Zim...

IMG_6005 Zim & Dave
Zim and me from a couple days ago.
It's better out there today, because our temps are in the single digits right now
and we have a dusting of snow.  Woo.

...and working in the Studio.

IMG_5915 Dave
"Teals and blues and browns, oh, my!"

After dinner tonight, I plan to help Mom a little more...

IMG_6023 Dave
"Let's spin the wheel again; maybe something'll come to us..."

...and come up with some cute poses while Mom and Dad watch TV.  Check out this one:

IMG_6102 Dave

I thought I looked like a bunny there, but Zim said I was more like a tiptoeing Panda bear. Ha woo.  A tiptoeing Panda!

Anyway, wow!  TEN years!  If I'm not mistaken, 10 is the "Beef Brisket and Watermelon" anniversary.  Am I right here?  Please help me celebrate by doing some of your favorite things today!

Luv,
Dave

30 comments:

  1. Nora is celebrating by getting a foster brother tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10th year with your Mom, Dad and Zimmie, Davey!

    We love the photos of you in this special post. Your beautiful face will surely score some special adoption day treats, too! We also got to say that your photo walking side by side with Zimmie is a winner, too!


    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotchaversary!!!! We are so very glad that your mom and dad ending up being foster failures (you know - foster and failed to return - MOL). Looks like you have great plans for celebrations - we will try to get a couple of treats in your honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 10th year, my friend! That is awesome! Hey the last pic didn't show up -- just a white box with a ? mark in it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 10th Gotcha Day! I say that does call for a party with Brisket and Burgers and Cake!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy gotcha day Dave! Please to know woo mate,

    RA, Isis & Nanuk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo DAVE!!!!!! Sounds like you have a great day planned. And yes the 10th anniversary is Beef Brisket and watermelon, I looked it up.
    I'm going to celebrate your SPECIAL day right away.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brisket and Wally Melon fur your special day!!!

    HAPPY 10th. GOTCHA DAY, DAVE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Happy Gotcha Day, Dave?! What's that game you and your mom are playing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Adoption Day, Dave!!! We'll celebrate here with you. We're helping mom bake a cake....it's Dolly's mom-til-she-moved-in-with-us has a birthday today, too. We'll save a slice for you and Zim.
    Bryn, Maui and Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. HooRay for Dave. Happy Anniversary you lucky boy.

    We would recomend beef brisket and iceberg lettuce but it is your day.

    Remy and Flash

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 10th gotcha day Dave,
    What a great story. Tiptoeing panda bear is funny.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 10th Adoption Anniversary Dave! We're so glad your mom has been fostering you for 10 years! Ha roo roo! With your cute face, we can see why that was a foster fail and she adopted you! Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy gotcha day, Dave! We love the picture of you and your mom holding paws/hands!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 10th Dave!!!
    Hope you got your brisket and watermelon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DAVE!!! What an awesome adoption adventure you had. We're so glad your mom found!

    Today we're celebrating YOU!!

    AROOOOOF!
    Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 10th Annifursary Dave!! Sound like woo has a furry good plan!
    Enjoy your day.

    Husky kisses,
    Biloxi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 10th gotcha day Dave! Aren't foster failures the best?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Gotcha Day, Sweet Dave! We've been lucky to share the last couple of years with you!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Gotcha day Dave!

    The gimpy gang, and Meeshka

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 10th Anniversary!
    I can see you had a great time celebrating this special day!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 10th Dave-iversary,Dave!! You have a great gotcha story - foster failures are the best :). You sure have some fun stuff planned. We're thinkin 10 is the smoked sammin and catnip year...

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Gotcha Day, Dave!

    I admit to being a fan of your Haik-woo and wonder if you ever write a poem on special occasions like today? Do you, Dave?

    I was in the slammer for three months before my Mom came and found me. Bless our Moms!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Gotcha Day to you Dave!!!
    Wow! What a tale! So happy for you and family!!
    Time to celebrate indeed!
    Here's to many more happy years to come! Cheers!!

    Maxx and mommy

    P.s - Hi to Zim!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy 10th Gotcha Day, Dave! We celebrate Abby's birthday today, too. She was also a rescue doggie, snatched from a high-kill shelter in N.C. the day before she was due to be murdered and whisked north to live with mama. Jed came a couple of weeks later from the same 'shelter.' We're all lucky doggies.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  26. Time to party down, Dave! Happy adoption day!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Anniversary!!! Boy were you lucky to find your mom ten years ago. If it weren't for her I never would have met you Davey! I hope you had the most perfect day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy belated 10th anniversary of your Gotcha day, how cool!

    My mom is a failed foster as well..don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy gotcha day Davy. You sure lucked out with your family, huh?

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete