Who We Are

Friday, January 13, 2012

I [Heart] My Friends!

Woo, everypup and everycat!  It's me, Dave!  Thank you so much for all the great Adopt-a-Dave Day wishes yesterday!  You guys are all the best!  I had a great day!  Some highlights were all of your comments, single digit temps and snow flurries, Mom dropping penne pasta on the floor RIGHT in front of me, and ...

Just as we were heading out on an afternoon walk, the UPS man pulled up in front of Ao4 HQs and stopped.  Dad went over to him and the UPS man said, "I have a package for your dogs!"  Ha woo!  How exciting is that!?!?  Dad took the package inside, we went on our walk, then I got to open it!  It was Happy Hearts Cookies from our VERY sweet friends Rubi, Holly and Sprite and their very, very kind mom!!!

IMG_6156 Dave
"Look at these great, colorful cards!"

Doesn't the guy on that card look like me?  Woo!  Our friends' (Jack and Moo) mom made the card; isn't she super talented?

I HAD to try one of the cookies!

IMG_6159 Dave
"For what I am about to receive, trust me, I am truly thankful..."

I really am so very thankful!!!  What really, really sweet friends!!!  I haven't had Happy Hearts Cookies in quite a while and I was jumping like a puppy over them!

They are salmon/cheddar flavor and wow, are they good! There were all shapes and sizes and look! A really huge heart-shaped one!

IMG_6163 Dave
"Hey, Mom!  What about Zimmie?"

I was worried about Zim feeling left out.  He's my best buddy and is on a super-restricted diet, as you may know - so he can't have these treats.  I asked Mom if there was something special he could have.

IMG_6161 Zim
"Wowzers!  A SQUARE Stinky Goodness treat?!!?  WOWZERS!"

He was really happy to have a special-shaped Stinky Goodness treat!  I've got your six, Zim!

Thanks again for all the wonderful wishes!  And a VERY special thank you to Rubi, Holly and Sprite and their mom for the delicious surprise!

IMG_6165 Dave
"Happy Me Day, indeed!"

Luv,
Dave

21 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like you both had an awesome day! You deserved it!

    ~Treasure the Dachshund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is an awesome day....especially since EVERYONE got treats (though we may never understand your amusement with low temperatures).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Dave Day went very well, very well indeed.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky guy you are Dave. That giant cookie looks great. Too bad Zim can't share it with you.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....that was some special package from your friends, Dave. You had a great Adoption Day!!

    Bryn, Maui and Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Dog day! We love the picture of you saying grace, LOL.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee Dave.. that is just super. And Zimm got somethingy too?

    OH YES... a SUPER DAY fur Both of you.
    Happy Dave Day buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome day for you!
    Truly deserving!!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are Sooooo lucky. Is there only one Dave Day a Year?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoops, I pressed yes before I was finished.

    What I mean by is there only one Dave Day is that I think you should spread it out.

    Like the original Dave Day....the day you came home.

    But also there should be a "one week in my new home Dave Day"

    "One month Aniversary Dave Day"

    But then I guess it woudl take away the true meaning of the original "Dave Day"

    So never mind.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woozers, Dave! What a Siberific pressent! And thanks for your kind comment on the card, our mom is blushing! We were furry happy to see the Zim got a special treat too. Woo pups are the coolest!

    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you celebrated in style. Is that treat shaped like a kitty?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at the size of that heart cookie! You are one lucky boy, Dave!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like it was the bestest day ever! Woo hoo for treats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're glad to hear you had an awesome day!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummilicious way to celebrate your special day!
    Wow!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dave, you and Zim are truly blessed :) And way to look out for your bro! Our mom hopes some of your character might rub off on us :D

    We like to bat (dry) penne pasta around on the floor...and then eat it... it's fun, you should try it!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie,Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a very special gift!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome day!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sure was nice of your friends to send you a special cookie like that. Sounds yummy, hope you had a bite for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoy those cookies Davy! And thanks for making sure my bestest friend didn't miss out!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete