Who We Are

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part...

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  Yesterday, we hit a record-breaking temperature of 70 degrees here (21.1C).  Dad was out playing golf and I thought it would be nice if us boys would take Mom on a walk after lunch.  You know, making the most of  this crazy weather and all!

I polished off my meal lickety-split, got a little water, then went to check on how Dave was doing.

IMG_6432 Dave
"Is he done yet?"

I was just checking.  Not like I was doing a "sneak up from behind" maneuver and was going to help myself to anything that Dave spilled on the floor.  No, not at all!  Oh, I might have policed up anything that had been dropped on the floor. You know.  Just to help with KP.  Keep the kitchen clean and all.  I was named after a Drill Sergeant.  That sort of thing is in my blood.

IMG_6434 Dave
"How about now?  Is he done now?"

I sensed that Dave was almost ready, so I approached Mom and started the mind-meld message:

IMG_6436 Zim
"Look into my eyes.  Yes... yes... that's good.  Now deeeeeper... deeeeeper...."

Mom got my message loud and clear.  She said once Davy was done eating, we could go.  It takes a lot of work, but I've got her pretty well trained.  I checked on the Deeve again.

IMG_6438 Dave

I asked him how he was coming along and he didn't answer.  That told me he wasn't done yet - you know -- he's real good about not talking with his mouth full and all.  Besides, he hadn't given his signature "I'm Done!" signal yet.    I waited... and waited... and then:

IMG_6440 Dave
DONE!

Once his paw goes in the bowl so he can lick it out, I know we're good to go!

And "go", we did!

IMG_6449 Dave and Zim
"What a great lunch!  I'm ready for a cool adventure now!"
"I love it when a plan comes together!"

I hope you got to get out and go yesterday, too!

Play bows,
Zim

26 comments:

  1. We are supposed to have a nice couple of days here too...but probably not enough to get open windows. sigh.....

    It is nice of you to wait so politely for Dave to get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting to think we live in FL. My snow is melting! Minnesota winter has NOT been quite right this year....they are saying it will be in the 40's this week. It is SUPPOSE to be 40 BELOW zero....not above zero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Zim, a husky after Juno's own belly, err, heart. Like you, she makes sure it's ALL cleaned up in the kitchen after Loki's done with his food.

    Juno's flattered by your jodfur compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Remington, we can lose that 40 below stuff forever as far as I am concerned. What gives me the creeps is, it will probably average about 125 degrees when summer comes. Here in Minniesnowda, we barely have enough snow to cover the ground. I don't like mixed up weather! What do you Army guys think of it.
    I wish Amber was here figuring things out for us! I miss her!

    Cheers,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zim I love KP duty. Except I only have to clean up after myself and MOM of course. Sometimes she drops things when she is cooking. I think she does it on purpose.
    MOM and I went on any excellent walk yesterday. But we had some some to walk through.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minnie has KP duty at our house! and yes, hu-mom took all 3 of us to the dog park yesterday and we had the entire park to ourselves!
    Another pretty day for us today. How about you guys?

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Minnie has KP duty at our house! and yes, hu-mom took all 3 of us to the dog park yesterday and we had the entire park to ourselves!
    Another pretty day for us today. How about you guys?

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish a plan like that would come together here. I need a walk and I know we won't get one until Thursday.

    That is just wrong. But I am glad you guys got to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess if it's not going to snow, it might as well be warm enough for nice walks!

    Sure hope this doesn't mean a supper hot summer though!

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything comes to a dog who waits...........and waits......eventually!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Golf?!? Our humans gave up golf when we came along - I mean, why go on a dog-less long walk to whack a little white ball when they can go on a dog-full walk, and not have to hit anything?!? This weather is whacky, though. We might get a little more snow this week, but we're back in the 40s - which is hot for us (so hot that Mom is taking us in for haircuts! *shudder). We'll probably get 10 feet of snow in April!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  12. He sure made you wait a long time but we're glad it was worth it! We don't have rain so I'm hoping to get in lots of walks too. We have flowers coming up and the grass needs to be mowed so we think springs is around the corner!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mesa always waits for the others to finish eating, but thats only so she can lick their bowls

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not put my foot into my food bowl.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice Job Zim. Now Today on my hill it was 62 degrees F.. I am more used to it being a high of just 6 on the last day of January. BUTT it was GRRRRREAT to get out and do some FUN Yard stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the paw in the bowl move! Smart guy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like Dave is a slow eater like me. Everyone always hovers around my bowl as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Foot in bowl...hmm ive never tried that before! :)
    But you're very good at waiting for him patiently!!
    Bravo Zim!
    We had a huge downpour yesterday but today its all sunny again!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you get to go on your adventure, Zim? Our mom mysteriously got up and went for Wriggley's leash half way through your post! ;-/

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. finally he was finished...I don't have lots of patience either
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woo there, Fellas~
    Summhow all the kibble bites seem to disappear around here too....eventualli...hehe!! Summtimes, Echo Mahruk takes her sweet time and works Mom for summ whip before she will finish. It's great walkin' weather....worth the wait.
    Your pal, Summi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Zim,
    Kind of rude there, fella, all stalking poor Dave whilst he enjoys his noms.

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  24. We like to bat clean-up on each others food bowls, too. In fact, we have it timed to the second on when we switch bowls. Dave, if you'd get a food stand, you wouldn't have to hold your bowl still with your paw.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's not too cold here to go for walks...but it's supposed to be!

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kat is always so slow at eating. I usually have to watch her, then I go get a drink, and then I come back and if she's done, I lick her bowl. It's a hard job, but some Sibe has to do it.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete