Who We Are

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Professional Development Research

Woo, everypup and everycat.  It's me - Dave, Guide Dog for the Color Blind (GDFTCB).  Imagine my delight the other day when Mom and I got not ONE, but TWO of our very favorite catalogues in the mail!  We sat on the floor together and got right to work, researching all of the newest color combos and quilt patterns!

IMG_6134  Dave, GDFTCB
"Let's start with Keepsake Quilting, Mom!"

We looked through the first one for a while, then I had to take a break.

IMG_6136 Dave, GDFTCB

After a short rest, I was ready to tackle Hancock's of Paducah.

IMG_6137 Dave, GDFTCB
"OK, Mom.  I'm ready to take on HOP!"

"HOP".  That's what us in the quilt and color arena call "Hancock's of Paducah".  Woo.

After we went alllllllll through the HOP catalogue, I remembered something I saw in Keepsake that I thought Zim would like and went off to find him.  

IMG_6138 Zim
"I'm in here, Dave!  Umm... working."

I found him hard at work in the bedroom.  Umm... smoothing the quilt.

IMG_6140 Dave, GDFTCB
"Wait... it's right around here somewhere..."

I paged through the catalogue real fast and found what I was looking for!

IMG_6143  Dave, GDFTCB
"Whatcha think, Zim?"

Can you see it? It's all cats. Done in appliqué. I would call it "cat-pliqué". Ha woo. Oddly enough, as soon as I said that, Zim left the bedroom. Maybe he had to go think about it.

Here's one of my VERY faves:

IMG_6142 Dave, GDFTCB

Get a load of all those cool blues and purples and greens... !  I think Mom and I need to do something like this!  Don't you think?

Luv,
Dave, GDFTCB

18 comments:

  1. We like both those quilts. Your mom is lucky to have help like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you guys work hard. We like the blue one, it's got great colors. We need a nap now!

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would your mom do without you Dave? You are a big help. My MOM can't even sew, let a lone quilt, unless you consider using staples and duct tape sewing, then she does pretty good.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got good taste, Dave. And Zim probably went to go tell his kittycat friends about that neat catplique quilt.
    Bryn, Maui & Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave you are a BIG help, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you get a certificate to show you did your annual Professional Development, Davy?

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool quilts! LOVE the one on your bed! Your mommy is SO talented! I am always looking for "quilt sightings" when I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom used to get the Keepsake Quilting one but they eventually stopped sending it because she was doing too much looking and not buying. They're very inspiring catalogs, aren't they!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you sure have an eye for color and coordinating!
    Your mom must be soo proud!!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Zim was "smoothing the quilt". What a great service he is doing for your Mom. Your job is much harder Dave. I love looking through my HOP and Keepsake mailings too.

    Keep up the good work.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our mommy would love the kitty one but I like your second choice better Dave. Way too many cats around here as it is!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you, Dave. That last one is really pretty. I bet you can help your mom pick out just the right shades for it.

    Did you get continuing education credits for all your hard work?

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. we love both quilts too. So purrty
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see lovely new quilts very soon!
    Good job!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo you're really making me want to learn how to quilt!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. my mom says you are two lucky pups to have a mommy who is so talented...she has wanted to do a quilt for years but just does not have the organizaton....i think you should do the kitty one....but either one...we are excited to see teh final product

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that is a great pic with the blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete