Who We Are

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentines

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  As you know, today is Valentine's Day.  Here at Ao4 Headquarters, there is a history of us Sibes writing really great poems to mark the day.  It doesn't come easily, but we work hard -- you know, the whole "Working Breed" thing.  Yeah.  Anyway, Cam and I thought we should give it a go again this year.

We tried to find inspiration while we helped Mom in the Studio yesterday:

IMG_7166MagsStudioPickle
"Hmm...
My pickle is green,
this sun-puddle is ... warm
Nah!  Think, Mags!  Focus!  Must ... think!  Must ... zzz..."

I thought I had something at one point -

IMG_7159CamMagsStudio
"Hey, everybody!  How about this one?
This KONG is red,
my left eye is blue ..."

"I like it, but I think you used that one for your very first Valentine, Maggie!"

"Mags?  Do you have the red KONG?"

Then I realized  Cam was right - I'd written about the KONG before.  And, of course, Mom realized I had the red KONG instead of my pickle. Oops.  (I can destroy the black super-strong KONGS in minutes - imagine the fun I was about to have with the red one!)  Anyway ...

Cam got creative on our walk this morning:

IMG_7191CamMagsPlay
"My harness is pink,
yours is green,
you're the cutest crazed river otter
I've ever seen.  BOOM!"

"UMPHHHFFF!"

I kind of liked it, but Cam said we should keep trying.  For the record, I especially like the "BOOM!" part.  Lovely touch!

We tried again when we reached the Kansas Ocean; Cam and I each took a line:

IMG_2430MagsCamKSO
"The Kansas Ocean is frozen
and so are Mom's hands.
Let's look at Dad
cuz Mom's out of treats."

Not all poetry has to rhyme, you know!  I think we have a winner!  

Have a great day, everyone!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

16 comments:

  1. Ha ROOOOO!!!!

    Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!

    Love and Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent poem cuz it is from the heart!

    Keep Calm & Valentine On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that last one nails it, totally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well ladies may I suggest you find a publishing house for your future book of Woo Poetry. YOu already have a great start on it.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!
    Blessings,
    Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like that last one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luffs your poems!!!! That crazy river otters one is ACE and well any poem that mentions TREATS has gotta be PAWSOME!!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day girls
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are both so silly! Happy Valentine's Day Sweeties!! xoxo DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent poems! We think woo both deserve more treats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look to festive in their harnesses. Great poems for a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls are fabulous poets! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Valentine's Day girls...and to your pawrents too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I am new to your blog. I love your poem and the fact that you kept working on it until you had one you liked. :-) I hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We thnk we like both of your Vaentine's Day poems, gals!! Great job!!
    Happy Valentine Day Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    PeeEss..Jakey says, good try with that red kong, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful rhymes! We can't decide which one we like best...but we know we like you! Happy belated Valentine's day!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brava!! You're both excellent poets!

    ReplyDelete