Who We Are

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Finding My Job

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  Apparently, before I livened up Mom's life, she used to do quite a bit of sewing - quilts and bags, things other than cool leashes and collars.  Who knew?  Anyway, she's getting back into the groove now, and I've decided to help!

All of the Sibes in our family have had really important jobs in Mom's Studio, and I've decided I need to figure out mine will be!  Cammie, Mom's "calming influence and great company", said I need to do what comes naturally to me.  Hmm.

IMG_7676MagsStudio
"Whatcha doing, Mom?  Quilting a denim bag, huh?  Cool."

I like to be right in the middle of the action, preferably touching Mom, so I positioned myself under her chair at the machine.  It was pretty cool.  And there's this den-like area sort of between Mom and the sewing machine, under the table and chair.

IMG_7677MagsStudio
"This is nice.  Almost - dare I say? - like a box."

I love to den.  Dens make me feel so peaceful.  Sleepy, even.

IMG_7679MagsStudio
"I feel so ... sleeeeeeepppp--NO!  Must focus!  I'm here to work!!!"

Then I saw what Mom was doing.  There's a pedal on the floor - sort of like in a car.  She drives the machine with that.  Since it was right there in my den, I thought ...

IMG_7680MagsStudio
"Keep your footy-foot here, Mom.  I'll drive the machine!"

It was cool!  I laid on Mom's foot, then pressed down on the pedal.  She got all kinds of excited, so I think she might be happy with my first choice of jobs - Machine Driver!  We're heading back into the Studio this afternoon.  I hope she'll let me drive again!  I just may have found my calling!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

14 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Mags, I haf gotta give that a go..oh wait a minute, I did try it once...oh yes, I remember........er.....how come you didn't get SHOUTED at??????
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky you found the right job here. These things are very impawtant; what would the hoomins do without us??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'm sure your momma got SUPER excited about you driving! What a grreat job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our mom is laughing out loud looking at these pictures. She is glad none of her pups have ever tried this job cause she does a lot of sewing too. We bet you did a great job quilting that denim and can't wait to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Maggie that is so sweet. It reminded mom of the early days right after my human sis was born. Mom sewed when sis was sleeping in her crib but she would wake up. So mom put her in her bassinet propped right against the sewing machine. It would lull sis to sleep for H O U R S.
    Maybe you are kin to my sis
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMD FURST we gotta Ask... WHY would she Ever want to sew ANYTHINGY that wasn't fur YOU Girrrrrls????
    Now about that Driving the Machine... We think you SHOULD... you have a LICENSE don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom can't sew nothing here. You better key a good eye on your woman and keep encouraging her to make stuff
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - a driver?? that is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh awesome! Maddie drives her mommys car! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to find your job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you get to drive? You could take yourself to the park every day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent choice of jobs, Maggie. Now your mom's foot will never get tired of driving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's wonderful to find your calling, Maggie! And I can imagine that mom got very excited when you drove the machine. LOL You know what? I bet just your presence in the den makes your mom feel good while she creates things. :-)

    ReplyDelete