Who We Are

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Rainy Day!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  A couple days ago, we actually had rain!  That hasn't happened here for quite a while, so it was pretty exciting.  We celebrated the best way we know how -- we went on a walk!

IMG_8604MagsCam
"This is nice, isn't it, Cam?"
"Yes!  And our furs will feel rain-water soft!"

I mean, it was just rain. No lightning or anything. There was mud, which was great - though Mom and Dad kept us out of most of it. You know who likes mud?

IMG_8605MagsCam
"Ha roo!"
"Ha roo!"

That's right - crazed river otters like mud!

IMG_8607MagsCam
"I'm gonna get you!"
"Not if I get you first!"

I mean, again, we weren't allowed to go wallow in the mud or anything, but it did inspire us to launch into Crazed River Otter Games.

At one point, Cam thought she'd had enough ... but I sure hadn't!

IMG_8606MagsLeash
"Come back here, you crazed river otter!"

Boy, can Cam be stubborn!  And strong!  It was like reeling in a Marlin or something!

IMG_8608MagsCam
"You don't really want to quit, do you?"
"Well..."

Yeah. See that look on her face? Like she looks reeeeeeeal innocent and sweet, but she's checking me out through the corners of her eyes?  That's the Suzannah Hoffs Look -- which means SHE was about to launch into Crazed River Otter Games!  Perfect!

What a great walk!  Nothing better to do on a rainy day!  Do you like walking in the rain?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

19 comments:

  1. Our rain is VERY cold. Is your rain warm or cold?

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so funny! :-) I'm glad you enjoyed your rain walk. I have never heard of the Crazed River Otter Games--can anyone play? I like walking in the rain if it's not a hard driving rain. It's supposed to start raining here today and then more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cammie and Maggie..I must ask this very impawtant question... are FUN and Frolic your middle names?
    You two can make nuttin' into fun with the blink of an eye. We are waiting on rain here. Mom is about to take Kasi the neighbor dog out for a stroll. Kasi is a funny girl and girls I think she would be great at crazed river otter games.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, mud. Wow. We're very glad you enjoyed the walkie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had rain and lightening and thunder.....bhahahahahah Wienie

    ReplyDelete
  6. we bet your walks take twice as long on days like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The next best thing to mud must be the Crazed River Otter games! Either that or boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Maggie, I don't care for walking in the rain, unless I am somewhere tropical and it is really hot-then I don't mind so much.
    We got rain the other night too and then snow yesterday. Tomorrow I fly off and get warm weather, plus get to see a mutual friend of ours. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy some sunny skies.
    Wags,
    Noreen and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh. Belle does NOT like the rain. She's scared of rain water hitting her head. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post! You should check out my blog, www.pawprovince.com! My name is Robin Whiskers and I am a 13 year old pet blogger. Every time someone joins my blog, I'll donate $3 to the D.R.E.A.M. Dachshund Rescue located in north Georgia! So please check out my blog, maybe join, and invite your friends to join, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't prefer the rain but we'll walk in it if it means no walk at all. We love the picture of you pulling on Cammie's leash, Maggie☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being Dachshunds we TOTALLY SHUN any forms of Moisture that might fall from the sky. BUTT we are HAPPY as Crazed River Otters that YOU had a GOOD WALK in the Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie,better not mess with those nice leashes your Mom makes - she might not like that and then no more walks in the rain or otter games:) We got a few drops of rain, but not enough to satisfy the grass and plants around here. Thankfully no thunder and lightning either.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went in the shower this morning and got wet. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  15. We aren't big fans of walking in the rain. It must be your fluffy coats that keeps the rain from getting all the way to your skin. That must keep you warm even in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. we were expecting one last picture with a "BOOM" from Cammie :D we kitties prefer to stay out of the rain but our mom and Wriggley didn't seem to mind rainy day walkies. total bummer for you two about the mud though...your folks just don't know what fun is ;-/

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto

    ReplyDelete
  17. you guys like rain??!! OMD I don't! Barks and licks and love, Dakota DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, rain walkies AND crazed river otter?! It's like the pawfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mama and I will walk in the rain sometimes, but Jakey and Dory think they will melt if they get wet!!
    Looks like River Otter Sibes just adore the rain!!
    Smileys!
    Arty

    ReplyDelete