Who We Are

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Still Life Sunday

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie, here with an artistic approach to our Serene Scenery Sunday series. As many of you know, I have a creative side, and have shared a few of my more meaningful still life pieces with you -- to review, please click here and here for the pieces I've soloed on, and click here and here to view some art pieces Cam and I collaborated on.

Anyway, spending a couple afternoons down in Mom's Studio this past week got my creative juices flowing, and I decided to come up with a new still life.  Mom took some photos of my work in progress, and I thought I'd share those with you.  You know.  To help you relax on a Sunday.

Here I am, getting my objet d'art into place:

IMG_7747MagsBall
"Yep.  That just about should do it."

Having the piece so close to the edge is mighty tricky.

IMG_7745MagsBall
"Wait!  That didn't move, did it?"

I had to make a very small adjustment.

IMG_7743MagsBall
"There.  Now ... stay put ..."

YES!  Got it!

IMG_7741Ball
Living On The Edge.
Still Life by Polargold's Margaret Thatcher.

It was a lot of work, but my art is very important to me. I hope this put a little serenity into your day.  Today, I will focus my creativity on some window nose art.  I thought I had a piece just about finished, then it mysteriously disappeared.  Hmm.  Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

9 comments:

  1. Maggie, your artwork is challenging and thoughtful. (And your snoot and paws are super cute!) We will ponder your composition for our Sunday serenity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice artwork - you are so creative Maggie

    ReplyDelete

  3. The Precipice
    by Margaret Thatcher!!!
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is art we understand - well done!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pawsome showing! We are most impressed. That nose art - a mystery isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant artwork, Maggie, and we love how you've titled it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The effort you put in was worth it. It is pawsome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grreat job, Maggie! You're a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very talented Maggie.

    ReplyDelete