Who We Are

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Coupler

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  We've been having some of what our mom calls "really nice weather" lately (60s and 70s, lots of sun) and whereas Maggie and I might prefer 20 degrees with snow, Mom thinks this is perfect walking weather.  Go figure.

Lately, Dad's been golfing in the mornings, so it's just us girls, then all of us go again in the afternoon.  When we walk with just Mom, she hooks us up to her hands-free belt and we go, go, go!

IMG_9769CamMagsWalk

  Sometimes, we even trot a bit.  We also have to stop and do poses:

IMG_9766MagsCamKSO
Maggie and me by the Kansas Ocean

That's a lot of work, of course.  You know - posing.  Anyway ...

In an effort to keep Maggie on the path, rather than seeing what she can snarf in the tall grass, and to allegedly prevent someone else from shilly-shallying (who is NOT really shilly-shallying, she's doing VERY important stuff, thankyouverymuch!), Mom came up with this crazy idea to use a carabiner clip to "couple" us together.

IMG_9772MagsCamClipped
"Oh... this is going to be fun!  Let's GO!!!"
"Hello ... Maggie!"

Now she only clips us together after we're a bit tired.  She learned that after her first attempt.  Do you recognize the look I'm giving Mags?  (Click here.)  Have I mentioned Mom doesn't appreciate it when we break into Crazed River Otter Games if it's just the three of us?  Oh.  Right. She also learned she can quickly remove the carabiner and put Mags -- I mean "someone" -- on a short lead, if need be.  

Is the weather biped-nice where you are now?  Are you getting out and enjoying it?

Cammie!

17 comments:

  1. We are glad someone is having such pretty weather today. It is raining cats, dogs, elephants and aardvarks here...
    Your mom is a smart cookie
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a bit rainy here at home where WE are, but Mama is soaking up the 75-80 degree Austin weather. Hopefully she'll bring the sun home with her!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom thought about a hands free belt then she remembered we don't like to walk
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh, Moms can be such spoil sports!!! We DID have a great day here today and had a long pleasant walk. And then we cam home and emptied the water bowls!!!

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute pups! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon my friends! We've had wonderful weather this week as well and hope that the cold front doesn't show up this weekend. My hubby is golfing so much more, even as I speak so I walk with friends. Hope you have a great evening.
    Wags,
    Noreen and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope my mum doesn't attach me to Rambo like that. I would not be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are hooked together on a hands free leash can't you just drag your mom wherever you want? BOL!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. We totally are getting out and living it up! Love your coupler. we had one, Hailey ate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our weather was GORGEOUS today!! I totally unplugged and went and walked at a Nature preserve with my husband. Didn't bring Dakota because we weren't sure dogs were allowed to be there, well, they are, so he will join us next time! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cam! Yes our weather is really bi-ped nice. Kinda 60's today. I get out when effur SHE isn't working. Mom said once she was walking two of my sibs who are at the Bridge on one of those two leashes become one thingies, and they saw something behind her and ran toward it and totally swept mom's leggies out from under her!! BOL!!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  12. .0000000
    ~Sharpie

    er...that means we had lots of thunder and storms today. not quite snow but we did get hail :)
    mol! we can just imagine you two in the tight formation and the crazed river otter games. hee hee! fun! say, we think your mom needs to get a skate board :D

    pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, ditto

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD, you gurls have the coolest accessories!!! Ma was thinkin' abouts getting one of those 'handless leads' that go around a peeps waist...then she remembered that I likes to lunge at tree rats, cats, and any doggie that calls my arse fat! So, I guess that was a 'no'. hehehe
    Oh, the carabiner!! Ma has LOTS of those! She seems to thinks that they are the only thing that can keep my harness secure...you see, I kinda am a collar/harness escape artist! BOL! Anyhu, she loves those thingies. She has the 'locking' ones too. I don't know why...
    Okays, Ma says enough of my rambling, I wants to tell you gurls that you look FABulous, and I totally approve of shilly-shallying!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, that clip looks like it could be oodles of fun when you girls get wound up☺ We've been having too much rain and it's raining again now. boooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love going along on your walks! You both pose very well, by the way, and it IS work. I hope you get paid. :-) We have been gray and rainy for most of the week in Virginia. I think the sun is supposed to appear tomorrow. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the hands free and the caribener idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a good idea your mom had with the carabiner!
    Too bad for her that you are so smart to fall for this for long!

    ReplyDelete